Cruiser dark map color

Arty Bishop

Jun 20, 2020, 5:52:52 PM6/20/20
to Cruiser Users
Thank you very much for creating amazing apps and libraries. Thanks to you (and guys from OSM project for data) all my devices have lightweight, offline and very detailed maps.
I'm starting to use the mapsforge library for my offline satellite tracker app and I noticed that Cruiser has a very interesting Dark map color setting, which I can't find in the lib. It seems to be just another Filter, but all the filters I've found are None, Invert, Grayscale and Grayscale_Invert. Is it a custom one? Are there any guides or docs to learn how to create something similar?

Also, my app is Android only. Is there any particular benefits of choosing vtm over mapsforge in my case? Or is it just the hard vs soft renderer just like Cruiser GL and Cruiser show us?

Thank you in advance.

Emux

Jun 21, 2020, 2:42:25 AM6/21/20
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
> Is there any particular benefits of choosing vtm over mapsforge in my case?

VTM is an OpenGL map library, with map rotation / tilt, much faster performance, etc.

> Is it a custom one?

You can create custom filters if use the ThemeCallback class and modify the theme colors before rendering.

--
Emux