POIs - feature requet

Brinki

May 5, 2019, 12:42:00 PM5/5/19
to Cruiser Users
I'm using Cruiser for offline use on a netbook for searching camp
grounds that I have stored in the GPX POI file format - and downloaded
before via Overpass-Turbo and processed with Gpxpy, Bash and Tidy for
better use and reading.

Now my two questions:

- Would it be possible to parse the <desc> tags and align the <desc>
elements in a column instead of a single row? - Regarding this feature
Cruiser version 1.5.1. was better readable than the latest version 1.6.2.

- When I have zoomed into my region of interest, would it be possible to
lock this windows and not to center the display again and again new for
every click on every selected POI?

---

additionaly I add a longer <desc> example:

<desc>cabins=yes camp_site=deluxe capacity:caravans=170 caravans=yes contact:email=in...@camping-potsdam.de contact:facebook=https://www.facebook.com/CampingBerlinPotsdam contact:phone=+49 331 951 0988 contact:website=https://www.camping-potsdam.de/ dogs=yes fee=yes fee:url=https://www.camping-potsdam.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=57&lang=de internet_access=wlan internet_access:fee=no name=Campingpark Sanssouci opening_hours=Apr-Dec Mo-Su,PH open; Jan-Mar closed || "Möglichkeit, einen reinen Stellplatz zu buchen. Anreise nur nach vorheriger Anmeldung." operator=Freizeit-recra GmbH operator:type=business power_supply=cee_17_blue power_supply:frequency=50 power_supply:maxcurrent=16 power_supply:voltage=230 sanitary_dump_station=yes surface=earth tents=yes toilets:wheelchair=yes tourism=camp_site washing_machine=yes wheelchair=yes</desc>

--
Brinki

Emux

May 5, 2019, 12:49:02 PM5/5/19
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for the ideas!

1. Do you mean Mapsforge POI or OpenAndroMaps POI files?
Where to show them, in the POI window list or in their info bubble (on map)?

2. Do you mean when tap on a symbol, that map opens its info bubble and scrolls also there.
Instead to just open the info bubble and don't scroll?

--
Emux

Brinki

May 5, 2019, 1:57:00 PM5/5/19
to Cruiser Users
I made the GPX files by myself - extracted directly from the OSM data, look:

> https://overpass-turbo.eu/

Example script:

May 5, 2019, 2:16:02 PM5/5/19
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the extra info, now I understand what you mean, will see what can be done!

The GPX file encoding issue is because the website exports the GPX in "UTF-8 BOM".

--
Emux

Brinki

May 5, 2019, 3:28:56 PM5/5/19
to Cruiser Users
yes,

under Linux the encoding did work o.k. all the time - but recently I
found under Windows I have to add an argument to the batch file to show
all text always properly.

original
> java -Xmx1024M -jar cruiser.jar

with addition

--
Brinki

Emux

May 5, 2019, 3:32:36 PM5/5/19
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
What problem have you seen in Windows without that argument?

Can you show a screenshot of the application?

--
Emux

Brinki

May 5, 2019, 4:03:56 PM5/5/19
to Cruiser Users
The test was under Windows-7.

You can test by yourself with your own Windows environment.

I send an example UTF8 data file with POIs - and a hardcopy
from my Linux-PC to show the text bubble failing within Windows.

--
Brinki

utf8-example.gpx
utf8-example.jpg

Emux

May 6, 2019, 4:10:31 AM5/6/19
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the additional feedback, let me see what can be done. :)

--
Emux

Brinki

May 6, 2019, 6:46:37 AM5/6/19
to Cruiser Users
Thank you in advance!

--
Brinki

Emux

Jun 15, 2019, 5:19:37 AM6/15/19
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
You can check latest Cruiser with several mentioned improvements.

--
Emux

Brinki

Jul 4, 2019, 4:31:31 AM7/4/19
to Cruiser Users

Wonderful, thank you very much!

Just tested with Linux - the new features in version 1.7 are working.

We discovered the new 1.7 version now after the return from our tour.

With the old 1.5.1 version we traveled clockwise through France for 5 weeks - more or less offline - preferably on country roads below the "N" category = national roads.

With Cruiser and the camping-pois self extracted from OSM and slightly processed we always found a suitable place along our route in a short time.

See attached example.

--
Brinki

ile-de-re.jpeg
ile-de-re.gpx

Emux

Jul 4, 2019, 4:40:36 AM7/4/19
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for using Cruiser and the interesting suggestions!

If have more ideas for improvements, I would be happy to check them. :)

--
Emux