Color, width, transparency for tracks

freizeitkarte

Oct 27, 2019, 9:25:33 AM10/27/19
to Cruiser Users
Is it somehow possible to change the color, width and transparency for a given gpx tracks?

The red track hides the underlaying ways (screenshot from Cruiser macOS v1.8).

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-27 um 14.18.32.png

What I want to achieve is something like this (screenshot from Locus Map):

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-27 um 14.21.52.png

Emux

Oct 27, 2019, 9:30:39 AM10/27/19
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the suggestion!

GPX contents are: blue waypoints and thin green / red lines for routes / tracks.

I have not added custom color / width in GPX overlays, like exist in routing lines.
But it's a good idea to think for implementation in the future.

--
Emux

Emux

Jan 2, 2020, 2:01:07 PM1/2/20
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Now the GPX routes & tracks are rendered with dashed lines for better map visibility.

--
Emux
Message has been deleted

Emux

Jan 5, 2020, 7:41:25 AM1/5/20
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
> Is there any way on importing GPX-files to control it alternatively and automatically - solid instead of dashed?

Probably will exist more options in a future version.

--
Emux

freizeitkarte

Mar 1, 2020, 3:10:31 AM3/1/20
to Cruiser Users
Features track color (with transparency) and track width: Thank for the implementation.

Concerning track width (currently limited to 200%): The enlargement to 400 or 500% would be great.

Emux

Mar 1, 2020, 3:15:16 AM3/1/20
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
I didn't manage to inform for the track color / width feature and you already noticed it. :)

> The enlargement to 400 or 500% would be great.

I will see that.

--
Emux
Message has been deleted

ronald...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2022, 7:35:01 AM11/4/22
to Cruiser Users
Where do I set the color for tracks?

Emux

Nov 4, 2022, 7:47:42 AM11/4/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
When import routes / tracks via the menu "Routing | Import",
there is a color button to select the color of the imported tracks.

(see image)

--
Emux
Cruiser.jpg

freizeitkarte

Nov 4, 2022, 4:01:30 PM11/4/22
to Cruiser Users
On Cruiser 3.0.1 (macOS) I have this (without an option to set the color):

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-04 um 20.56.41.png

Emux

Nov 4, 2022, 4:12:05 PM11/4/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Android Cruiser has a setting for the track color.

Desktop Cruiser has only the route color setting.
I can add a setting for track color if it is needed.

--
Emux

freizeitkarte

Nov 5, 2022, 3:13:51 AM11/5/22
to Cruiser Users
Great. This makes it possible to see the same, whether on the PC or on the Android device.

Jürgen Dörr

Nov 6, 2022, 6:48:38 AM11/6/22
to freizeitkarte, Cruiser Users
Opening the app under Java on a PC is really a very interesting option! I installed it as well on my MacBook Air (M1 silicon) and played around with it. This is even a great option to do the planning for a new route!

However, there are some observations:
- on the current MacOS, the GL version shows a black screen only. Open GL is neglected by Apple since years , and I assume the support is meanwhile stopped in the latest OS (Monterey). Is there any option to add Open GL under the current OS (Monterey)?
- Switching to German language leads to ugly representation of the German "Umlaut" -> not nice; so I leave it with the English version.
- I tried to load the kurviger map style. This one is loaded on the app by a zip-file (kurviger.zip); the PC version however requires a XML file - a ZIP file cannot be loaded. The xml file which is in the ZIP file cannot be loaded. Does there a PC version of the kurviger map style also exist?

Emux

Nov 6, 2022, 7:05:49 AM11/6/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback!

> on the current MacOS, the GL version shows a black screen only. Open GL is neglected by Apple since years , and I assume the support is meanwhile stopped in the latest OS (Monterey). Is there any option to add Open GL under the current OS (Monterey)?

- Cruiser uses the Mapsforge map library
- Cruiser GL uses the VTM OpenGL map library
(I am the developer of both libraries)

OpenGL is unfortunately a known issue on macOS.
Community may help with VTM tests and then Cruiser GL on macOS should run better.

On macOS you could use regular Cruiser?

> Switching to German language leads to ugly representation of the German "Umlaut" -> not nice; so I leave it with the English version.

The German translation was contributed by the community.
If there are errors, please report them and I can check them.

> I tried to load the kurviger map style. This one is loaded on the app by a zip-file (kurviger.zip); the PC version however requires a XML file - a ZIP file cannot be loaded. The xml file which is in the ZIP file cannot be loaded. Does there a PC version of the kurviger map style also exist?

On Android the map styles are loaded as zip files, because of Android new storage restrictions.
On Desktop the map styles are loaded as xml files (unzip the map style).

Kurviger map style was created for the VTM map library (used in Cruiser GL / Kurviger).
Cruiser (with Mapsforge) cannot read it, you need Cruiser GL.

Or you can check the more detailed OpenAndroMaps maps with Elevate map style.

--
Emux

Emux

Nov 6, 2022, 7:08:32 AM11/6/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
And Freizeitkarte maps with their map style.

There is a large list of map providers (and styles).

--
Emux

freizeitkarte

Nov 6, 2022, 11:12:00 AM11/6/22
to Cruiser Users
I'm also a Mac user ...

> - on the current MacOS, the GL version shows a black screen only. Open GL is neglected by Apple since years , and I assume the support is meanwhile stopped in the latest OS (Monterey). Is there any option to add Open GL under the current OS (Monterey)?

I see this (unsupported 32-bit lib):
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: Couldn't load shared library 'libvtm-jni.dylib' for target: Mac OS X, 32-bit
  at com.badlogic.gdx.utils.SharedLibraryLoader.load(SharedLibraryLoader.java:125)
  at com.devemux86.map.gl.u.<init>(SourceFile:1583)

> - Switching to German language leads to ugly representation of the German "Umlaut" -> not nice; so I leave it with the English version.

Works for me, see screenshot. May be a local issue.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-06 um 17.00.50.png

Emux

Nov 6, 2022, 11:18:49 AM11/6/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
> I see this (unsupported 32-bit lib):

Thanks, maybe something is wrong in VTM map library on macOS.
Probably, the VTM desktop samples do not work either.

If there are developers with a Mac and can rebuild / fix VTM native libs,
then I can update Cruiser GL.

> Works for me, see screenshot. May be a local issue.

The settings that show the Restart message, need to restart the app to work.

--
Emux

Emux

Nov 11, 2022, 9:00:13 AM11/11/22
to Cruiser Users
Track color selection on import is now also available on desktop in Cruiser 3.0.2.

Frog

Nov 12, 2022, 1:57:53 PM11/12/22
to Cruiser Users
Coming back to the Java versions for the Desktop. I am using Oracle Version jre-8u351 - on both Windows and on Mac the German versions apparently uses a wrong character table - the German "Umlaute" are not represented correctly. This i not a translation issue!

Screenshot_20221112_193744.png

Any idea what causes this behaviour? Can this be configured in the Java engine? Which engines are you using?
Message has been deleted

Emux

Nov 12, 2022, 2:15:58 PM11/12/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
The language texts are in utf-8.

Can you try with another Java?
https://adoptium.net

--
Emux

Emux

Nov 12, 2022, 2:41:43 PM11/12/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Oracle Java has problems with OpenGL,
at least on Linux.

--
Emux

Frog

Nov 12, 2022, 3:16:47 PM11/12/22
to Cruiser Users
The adoptium version is representing the writing in the right way!

Screenshot_20221112_211450.png

Thanks a lot!

Brinki

Nov 12, 2022, 7:58:03 PM11/12/22
to Frog, Cruiser Users

Am 12.11.22 um 19:57 schrieb 'Frog' via Cruiser Users:
> on both Windows and on Mac the German versions apparently uses a wrong
> character table - the German "Umlaute" are not represented correctly.

Yes, I have seen that before. When it comes to long-ago Windows matters,
the char set Ansi comes to mind.

Just a guess, I can't verify, maybe you need to support the cruiser
batch call to select UTF-8, e.g. with:

java "-Dfile.encoding=UTF8" -jar ...

--
Brinki

Emux

Nov 13, 2022, 4:58:39 AM11/13/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
> java "-Dfile.encoding=UTF8" -jar ...

Thanks for the suggestion.

Can you test that command in your previous Java to see if it works with German?

--
Emux

Brinki

Nov 13, 2022, 6:16:08 AM11/13/22
to Cruiser Users
Am 13.11.22 um 10:58 schrieb Emux:
Sorry,

I have no current MS-Windows in range anymore - I have only dug in the
memory.

Here are some more advanced tips:

--
Brinki

Frog

Nov 14, 2022, 1:46:50 PM11/14/22
to Cruiser Users
I tried it today with the proposed modification -

> java "-Dfile.encoding=UTF8" -jar ...

But same result:

Screenshot 2022-11-14 194119.jpg

The Adoptium Java version shows the right character set.

To the above topic with the not-working Open GL version under MacOS / rebuilt of the VTM library on MacOS

> I see this (unsupported 32-bit lib):

Thanks, maybe something is wrong in VTM map library on macOS.
Probably, the VTM desktop samples do not work either.

If there are developers with a Mac and can rebuild / fix VTM native libs,
then I can update Cruiser GL.

Apparently there is nobody capable here in this thread. Is there a way to post the question in another place?
Message has been deleted

Emux

Nov 14, 2022, 1:59:41 PM11/14/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
> But same result

Thanks for the test!
It is important to know the result from the users that reported it.

> Is there a way to post the question in another place?

You can report that in VTM Discussions:
https://github.com/mapsforge/vtm/discussions

We need users / developers with Mac to try VTM desktop samples and see what happens.

Or if you have some developer experience, you could try the VTM desktop instructions.

--
Emux

Ma Sc

Jan 4, 2023, 4:30:35 PM1/4/23
to Cruiser Users
I am a Mac user and also have the black screen issue with cruiser-gl. I downloaded the vtm repo and tried vtm-playground: this is working fine, on BigSur, MacBookPro Intel i7. On AppleSilicion M1 I had no luck with this.

Should I upload my vtm folder (after gradlew was running on Intel-Mac) for you? Should I try something else? Are the native libs build this way? Would be great to get cruiser-gl for macos again!

Btw: Cruiser-gl runs perfectly on Apple M1 chips, if you setup a Wine bottle, install jre 32bit, then run cruiser-gl. Funny: on my Intel mac this doesn't work - huge rendering failures.

Emux

Jan 5, 2023, 4:18:03 AM1/5/23
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the report!

To clarify, Cruiser GL (and vtm-playground) works on Mac (Intel) and not work on Mac (M1)?

I had built the VTM native libs for macOS some time ago when I had access to a Mac (Intel).

Now it's better for users / developers with Mac to clone the VTM repository,
rebuild the native libs for macOS and test vtm-playground to work everywhere.
Then they can send the native libs and I will include them in VTM repository and Cruiser.

Until then, the regular desktop Cruiser is the safest option that runs everywhere.

If you are stuck with Cruiser (OpenGL VTM), you can make it to start with Mapsforge:

java -jar cruiser.jar mapsforge

--
Emux

Ma Sc

Jan 5, 2023, 5:26:32 AM1/5/23
to Cruiser Users
> To clarify, Cruiser GL (and vtm-playground) works on Mac (Intel) and not work on Mac (M1)?

Exactly.

> Now it's better for users / developers with Mac to clone the VTM repository,
rebuild the native libs for macOS and test vtm-playground to work everywhere.

What steps&commands are needed to rebuild the native libs? Sounds like I just tested vtm-playground.

> If you are stuck with Cruiser (OpenGL VTM), you can make it to start with Mapsforge

This works in principle, but I absolutely need cruiser-gl with VTM, because cruiser-gl is the perfect wahoo bike computer map simulator for theme and map filter work. With magsforge these themes don't load.

Emux

Jan 5, 2023, 5:56:06 AM1/5/23
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
> What steps&commands are needed to rebuild the native libs?

VTM jni module is here: https://github.com/mapsforge/vtm/tree/master/jni

I built the Mac libs 6 year ago, so it is difficult to remember.

It was possible to build the Windows + Linux libs on Linux, macOS required a Mac.

Also I do not know if the other dependencies like libGDX need M1 libs too.

By the way, would the iOS libs work on macOS (M1)?

--
Emux

Ma Sc

Jan 5, 2023, 7:14:02 AM1/5/23
to Cruiser Users
I never built a java lib, so I have no idea how to do that. Do you have any hint please? I tried "java JniBuilder.java" after commenting anything else then "mac" section in the java file. I get errors: "JniBuilder.java:1: error: package com.badlogic.gdx.jnigen does not exist" and 10 more like this. I think what I try shouldn't work... is there no project file with include pathes or something? How is it thought to work? I can't find any documentation for that...
Thanks for your help.

Your iOS libs are static, while macOS libs are dynamic. I expect some more changes then, what do you think?

Emux

Jan 5, 2023, 7:26:11 AM1/5/23
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
I work on Linux, even the Windows libs were recently updated by the community (#911).

I suggest to create an issue in VTM repository
and we will see if someone with Mac and knowledge can update them.

Also see this VTM discussion: https://github.com/mapsforge/vtm/discussions/857

--
Emux

Ma Sc

Jan 5, 2023, 7:59:58 AM1/5/23
to Cruiser Users
But coming back to the original problem: vtm-playground works on Intel-Mac, while Cruiser-GL doesn't. Can't we take the libs from vtm for Cruiser? This already would solve 50% of the issue(s).

Emux

Jan 5, 2023, 8:08:38 AM1/5/23
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
I asked above and the answer was that the issue is on M1:

>> To clarify, Cruiser GL (and vtm-playground) works on Mac (Intel) and not work on Mac (M1)?

>Exactly.

In any case Cruiser uses the snapshot libs of Mapsforge / VTM (they are in the cruiser/lib folder).

Now you mention that Cruiser GL does not work on Mac (Intel)?
I cannot know why and I cannot debug it...

Cruiser has a far more advanced structure than vtm-playground,
as has to support menus, events, etc. that do not exist in the simple VTM samples.

--
Emux

Ma Sc

Jan 5, 2023, 8:21:27 AM1/5/23
to Cruiser Users
Sry... I read to quick. So again as small table:
CruiserGL + IntelMac: not working (black screen)
vtm-playground + IntelMac: working
vtm-playground + M1Mac: not working (tons of errors with gradlew command)
CruiserGL on Wine x86 + M1Mac: working
CruiserGL on Wine x86 + IntelMac: not working (rendering very wrong)

Emux

Jan 5, 2023, 8:31:11 AM1/5/23
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the detailed info:

> CruiserGL + IntelMac: not working (black screen)
> vtm-playground + IntelMac: working

This is strange. You can run cruiser with: java -jar cruiser.jar
and post any exceptions, in case there is something useful to check.

> vtm-playground + M1Mac: not working (tons of errors with gradlew command)

Please create an issue in VTM repository, someone may need to build native libs for M1.
And also rebuild the regular Mac libs!

Regarding Wine, it introduces many intermediate layers, could be something in configuration.
Several OpenGL games run better in one version than the other with different options.

--
Emux

Ma Sc

Jan 5, 2023, 8:38:22 AM1/5/23
to Cruiser Users
java -jar cruiser.jar on IntelMac brings:
Jan 05, 2023 2:34:29 PM org.oscim.gdx.GdxMap create
INFO: Type: OpenGL
Version: 2:1:0
Vendor: Intel Inc.
Renderer: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Plus Graphics 655

Another (maybe useful) hint: while the screen is black, the screenshot feature brings a correctly rendered map as PNG.

I'll create the issue later, when I am back to my M1.

Emux

Jan 5, 2023, 8:45:17 AM1/5/23
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
> Version: 2:1:0

So old? Are the drivers updated?

> Another (maybe useful) hint: while the screen is black, the screenshot feature brings a correctly rendered map as PNG.

You mean that the app shows black screen,
but the screenshot function generates a png with a correct colored map?

--
Emux

Ma Sc

Jan 5, 2023, 9:51:12 AM1/5/23
to Cruiser Users
This Mac supports OpenGL 4.1. OpenGL 2.1.0 seems to be a fallback. After a short google:

2nd link shows:
"Solution: Including GL3 libraries

Replace your code from #include <gl.h> to #include <gl3.h>"

This is C/C++, but could work something similar here?

Yes: app shows black screen. Now I call "Screenhot" from menu and get a correct colored map as PNG file.

Message has been deleted

Ma Sc

Jan 5, 2023, 10:01:32 AM1/5/23
to Cruiser Users
Bildschirmfoto 2023-01-05 um 16.00.56.png

Ma Sc

Jan 5, 2023, 1:31:02 PM1/5/23
to Cruiser Users
Here now is, what I get when I try to start java -jar cruiser.jar vtm
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" com.badlogic.gdx.utils.SharedLibraryLoadRuntimeException: Couldn't load shared library 'libvtm-jniarm64.dylib' for target: Mac OS X, ARM, 64-bit
    at com.badlogic.gdx.utils.SharedLibraryLoader.load(SharedLibraryLoader.java:128)
    at com.devemux86.map.vtm.q.<init>(SourceFile:1605)
    at com.devemux86.map.vtm.w.<init>(SourceFile:114)
    at com.devemux86.map.vtm.MapVtmLibrary.<init>(SourceFile:57)
    at com.devemux86.cruiser.C.<init>(SourceFile:131)
    at com.devemux86.cruiser.bz.run(SourceFile:73)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:318)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:773)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:720)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:714)
    at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:399)
    at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:86)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:742)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)
Caused by: com.badlogic.gdx.utils.SharedLibraryLoadRuntimeException: Unable to read file for extraction: libvtm-jniarm64.dylib
    at com.badlogic.gdx.utils.SharedLibraryLoader.readFile(SharedLibraryLoader.java:137)
    at com.badlogic.gdx.utils.SharedLibraryLoader.loadFile(SharedLibraryLoader.java:293)
    at com.badlogic.gdx.utils.SharedLibraryLoader.load(SharedLibraryLoader.java:124)
    ... 18 more

With vtm-playground it stops earlier - see discussion in github vtm

Emux

Jan 5, 2023, 1:34:15 PM1/5/23
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, this means that it expects to find native VTM libs for Mac OS ARM.

There is no libvtm-jniarm64.dylib, unless someone knows how to build it.

--
Emux
Message has been deleted

Emux

Jan 5, 2023, 1:44:18 PM1/5/23
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
> With vtm-playground it stops earlier - see discussion in github vtm

With vtm-playground seems to be a Java or Gradle issue.
You could try a different Java LTS 11 or 17.

Because of Android we still use 11 and everything works fine. :)

--
Emux

Ma Sc

Jan 5, 2023, 2:15:48 PM1/5/23
to Cruiser Users
For CruiserGL on IntelMac, I tried java 11 and 15. Both bring the same issue (black screen). For vtm-playground it should be system default java 15.

Emux

Jan 6, 2023, 7:07:28 AM1/6/23
to Cruiser Users
For Apple ARM support on desktop VTM I created: