Cruiser on Linux and Java Version

Brinki

Nov 26, 2021, 8:09:51 AM11/26/21
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Prehistory:

yesterday I tried under OpenSuse Tumbleweed to upgrade to the latest
version of MediatheView - https://mediathekview.de/download/ - with the
result "UnsupportedClassVersionError".

Apparently my otherwise up-to-date Linux is probably running the wrong
Java version - may be too old or too new.

However, MediathekView provides its own Java engine for Linux and with
that it ran then.

Now to Cruiser GL:

The Cruiser GL version - I usually don't need at all on my Linux netbook
- alwas did serve the error:
"Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-lookup.c"

Out of pure curiosity - a test launch of Cruiser-GL 2.0.3 under the Java
engine of MediathekView-13.8.0 ended up successfully - also today with
Cruiser-GL 2.1.2.

command:
<path to MediathekView>/jre/bin/java -jar cruiser-gl.jar

BTW
The image that Cruiser-GL serves compared to Cruiser looks a bit blurry
- I blame this on the OpenSuse graphics driver.

--
Brinki

Emux

Nov 26, 2021, 8:34:27 AM11/26/21
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
It works for example on Ubuntu with AdoptOpenJDK 11.

Users report it works on openSUSE Tumbleweed with AdoptOpenJDK 17.

Cruiser GL uses OpenGL, so it also depends on the graphics driver.
For clear graphics it is required to use offline vector maps.

--
Emux