DB's usage policy

Noam Cohen

May 22, 2024, 9:24:04 AMMay 22
to crt.sh
Hi great brains,

First, GJ for your masterpiece project! :)

May I get your DB's usage policy, for fair-use ?
I saw that max concurrent is limited to 5. Is that limitation up-to-date? Anything else?

use case: streaming lightweight query, using identities()..

thanks!

r...@sectigo.com

Jun 17, 2024, 1:01:18 PM (12 days ago) Jun 17
to crt.sh
[I just noticed that I replied privately by mistake; resending to the list]

Hi Noam.

> May I get your DB's usage policy, for fair-use ?

We don't publish a fair-use policy.  Some queries are lightweight; other queries tax the database rather a lot.  It's really hard to define what "fair-use" looks like.

Our current, somewhat crude approach is to block IP addresses that are clearly abusing the service, then when the affected users ask to be unblocked we can ask them to change their usage patterns to reduce stress on the service.

> I saw that max concurrent is limited to 5. Is that limitation up-to-date? Anything else?

About a month ago, our Ops team told me that they'd imposed tighter restrictions on crt.sh:5432...

"New fw rules, everyone gets an average of 2 connections/sec.
The rule is if they connect more than 5 times within 10 seconds, their new connections above that are dropped until they fall below that."