New to crt.sh and PostgresSQL - Code Signing Certificates

Ace A.

May 2, 2024, 5:31:50 PMMay 2
to crt.sh
Hello all,

Please forgive my ignorance, I am new to crt.sh and psql. I am working on a research that aims to identify all the code-signing certificates from entities that are in the CT monitored logs.

I don't know how to craft a psql query against the crt.sh Postgres DB that searches for this in the database.

To not cause too much issues, I would like to issue a query that simply looks for all code-signing certificates in the past year, then update the query as needed.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ace

r...@sectigo.com

May 3, 2024, 12:49:35 PMMay 3
to crt.sh
Hi Ace.  Code Signing Certificates are not required to be submitted to CT logs today, although the idea of introducing such a requirement is under discussion in the CA/B Forum Code Signing Certificate Working Group.

Consequently, I expect that only a tiny fraction of all the existing Code Signing Certificates are known to crt.sh today.

Have you considered looking for an alternative source of Code Signing Certificates?  Perhaps VirusTotal?

Ace A.

May 6, 2024, 5:44:51 AMMay 6
to crt.sh
Looks like my last reply was directly to you and not to the entire group. Apologies for that.