Re: Connection with PG Admin terribly slow and constant disconnects

Rob Stradling

Jun 10, 2024, 10:10:11 AMJun 10
to Jordan Trulen, crt.sh
Hi Jordan.

This happens when users are hammering the replica DBs that power crt.sh:5432.  pg_bouncer queues each pending connection until one of the limited number of connection slots becomes available.

We limit the number of concurrent connections from each unique IP address, and our Ops team will from time to time block any IPs that they consider to be "abusing" the service.  Nonetheless, the service continues to be a victim of its own success.