NGC2903 galaxy in Leo

已查看 5 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Trev S

未读,
2021年3月8日 16:29:072021/3/8
收件人 croydonastro
Attached is my attempt at imaging a galaxy NGC2903 in Leo.  I don't think this galaxy has a name as such.  This is a very nice face-on barred spiral galaxy.

NGC 2903 is an isolated barred spiral galaxy in the constellation of Leo, positioned about 1.5° due south of Lambda Leonis. It was discovered by William Herschel, who cataloged it on November 16, 1784. He mistook it as a double nebula, as did subsequent observers, and it wasn't until the nineteenth century that the Third Earl of Rosse resolved into a spiral form.

Captured on the night of 7th March 2021 from my back garden in Surrey

Celestron C9.25 SCT at f10
ZWO ASI1600MM cmos camera cooled to -15C
AZ-EQ6GT mount
ZWO filters
30x180s RGB each
15x120s L
6x300s Ha
SGPro camera and mount control and PHD2 guiding
Astro Pixel Processor and PS processing

Thanks for looking

NGC2903_in_Leo.jpg
回复全部