Noctilucent clouds

timc

Jun 23, 2021, 6:45:28 PM6/23/21
to croydonastro
Spotted some clouds which I think were NLCs tonight looking north from Sevenoaks, Kent, at approx. 10:50pm. Some pictures from my phone attached but they don't really do the clouds justice. They were definitely shining pale blue against the darkening sky. The first NLCs I've spotted for several years, so very   pleased to have seen them.
Tim C
NLC5 230621.jpgNLC7 230621.jpgNLC8 230621.jpg

William Bottaci

Jun 23, 2021, 7:59:59 PM6/23/21
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
They certainly look like noctilucent clouds to me. Well done in spotting them and thanks for reporting.
Like eclipses, photographs not only don't do these justice but being there and seeing them live is also an experience.
William