Conjunction present or past

Ian Mathers

Dec 26, 2020, 5:01:28 AM12/26/20
to croydonastro
My view of Jupiter last night.  Is that Saturn trying to peep over his left shoulder or has he vamoosed into the cloud?
IMG_20201225_1711230.jpg

William Bottaci

Dec 26, 2020, 5:54:55 AM12/26/20
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
Saturn should be to the lower right by now (taking into account they're setting). I can see Jupiter but not sure of Saturn.
Looks like you had the flash on, if it went a bit further you might have picked it up :)).
Seriously, you may have seen it, clouds don't help. Thanks for sharing.

Ian Mathers

Dec 26, 2020, 6:10:56 AM12/26/20
to croydonastro
Many thanks William, anyway I was half way there!  I was indeed expecting it to be lower right.  Quite a heavy cloud which refused to move.