Sun today

1 view

JR

May 22, 2022, 1:30:48 PM5/22/22
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
The Sun seems to be continuing to ramp up its activity, with a substantial sun spot 3014 visible for the past few days, along with several other lesser examples. So far this year, there hasn't been a day without sun spots. Last year there were 64 spotless days.

The photo shown here is approximately 10 earth diameters wide, or 80,000 miles, if I've worked it out correctly.

Lunt 60 with zwo Asi 178, 20% best frames from 1000, Autostakkert!, IMPPG, PS.

James

image0.jpeg

tcos...@gmail.com

May 23, 2022, 6:39:39 AM5/23/22
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
That’s a very nice image James. Well done.
Cheers
Tim C

Sent from my iPhone

> On 22 May 2022, at 18:30, 'JR' via croydonastro <croydo...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> The Sun seems to be continuing to ramp up its activity, with a substantial sun spot 3014 visible for the past few days, along with several other lesser examples. So far this year, there hasn't been a day without sun spots. Last year there were 64 spotless days.
>
> The photo shown here is approximately 10 earth diameters wide, or 80,000 miles, if I've worked it out correctly.
>
> Lunt 60 with zwo Asi 178, 20% best frames from 1000, Autostakkert!, IMPPG, PS.
>
> James
>
> --
image0.jpeg

JR