Zarkov cloud gun

JR

Mar 1, 2021, 6:06:39 AM3/1/21
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
Being utterly frustrated by the never ending cloudy nights I'm sorely tempted to get one of these cloud guns.   It gets great reviews.  One reviewer says he's gone nocturnal and now sleeps all day and images all night it's that good.

I'm wondering if it'll work as well in light polluted skies and also if it works on cumulonimbus clouds in particular, which we get a lot of in my part of Croydon.  One downside is there doesn't seem to be a setting to protect noctilucent clouds.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has experience using them.   A bit pricey but could be worth it.

Trev S

Mar 1, 2021, 6:30:43 AM3/1/21
to croydonastro
James, I am sure I saw Flash Gordon successfully use one of those, sound like a bargain to me!

William Bottaci

Mar 1, 2021, 7:09:21 AM3/1/21
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
Don't know where to begin with this one ... whatever next?

I'm waiting for the reviews to build up, maybe wait for v2.0, wait for
firmware upgrade - we all know they are rushed to market and the
public get to do the testing they should.
Perhaps the society should get one for Kenley - get more people visiting.

Was this the same shop selling the Hubble Space Telescope?
William

On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 at 11:30, Trev S <trevs...@gmail.com> wrote:
James, I am sure I saw Flash Gordon successfully use one of those,
sound like a bargain to me!

John Mills

Mar 1, 2021, 11:02:20 AM3/1/21
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
Hehehe - Look at today's date? You've all been *April Fooled* !!!
Nice one :-D

John
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/croydonastro/9DE851A5-CF3F-4087-8437-3043EE79C2E4%40aol.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/croydonastro/9DE851A5-CF3F-4087-8437-3043EE79C2E4%40aol.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

https://www.avg.com

William Bottaci

John Mills

Mar 1, 2021, 1:32:38 PM3/1/21
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
I must be losing my mind? Today is the 1st March and not the 1st April!
A sign of old age, hehe :-D

John

tcos...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2021, 3:18:11 PM3/1/21