Sun spots in white light

Trev S

Aug 9, 2022, 12:27:03 PM8/9/22
to croydonastro
Attached is an image of a few sun spots in white light taken today at about midday. It seems that the Sun's activity is increasing as the next cycle gets underway.

12_46_42_RS.jpg

JR

Aug 9, 2022, 2:50:11 PM8/9/22
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
Trevor

That's come out well and if you run it through ImPPG (deconvolution Image Post Processor) I reckon you should be able to bring out the granulation.

James

Sent from my iPad

On 9 Aug 2022, at 17:27, Trev S <trevs...@gmail.com> wrote:

Attached is an image of a few sun spots in white light taken today at about midday. It seems that the Sun's activity is increasing as the next cycle gets underway.

<12_46_42_RS.jpg>

William Bottaci

Aug 13, 2022, 1:13:29 PM8/13/22
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Trevor, that's a nice traditional white light image; the kind I prefer.
Some faculae can be seen, but what looks like granulation may probably be compression artifacts as your file size is quite small; a less compressed file would show your image better and then as James says ImPPG would do it justice. Exposure looks spot on too.
Thanks for sharing.
William