The Sun today - 2 images attached

William Bottaci

Apr 25, 2024, 10:03:28 AMApr 25
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
Today's Sun:
  Altitude     38º
  Diameter   31º 50'
  Distance    1.006 AU (we are closest in winter, January 3rd)

The weather this morning not so good with high cloud but better than nothing, earlier than I'd have liked as it soon became overcast.

Canon R7 with RF 100-500mm L IS lens with x1.4 tele-extender (700mm), f/10 1/205 sec, ISO 200), hand-held stabilised. Baader solar film filter.

A provisionally processed single image and the workflow for this follows the procedure as aforementioned and also below, and I also include a jpeg of what the image looked like after rotation and cropping but nothing else.

 - First expose to be not quite over-exposed;
 - Rotate to upright;
 - Crop to include only the Sun;
 - Levels, stretch 'histogram';
 - Colour, remove;
 - Brightness: decrease;
 - Contrast: increase;
 - Sharpening: local sharpening on the sunspots only.

The atmosphere was I'd say average, not good; this one looks the best out of near a hundred, with the atmosphere making the difference by far.

Thank you for looking, William

=CanR7_025993_M-160.jpg (183K)=
=CanR7_025993_O-160.jpg (130K)=
CanR7_025993_M-160.jpg