M92

Kevin Phillips

Jun 24, 2022, 8:04:10 PM6/24/22
to CAS Forum
I capture M92 few nights ago, pretty happy how it came out. 55 frames at 3 mins exposure. I used L pro optlong filter.  Also I added calibration frames. Process in Startools. I started imaging around 11pm and finished at 3am the  next day at  Kennely   observatory.
Regards Kevin
M56A.jpg

JR

Jun 25, 2022, 12:17:38 PM6/25/22
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
Good one Kevin! Excellent framing and lovely colours.  What camera are you using?

James

Sent from my iPad

On 25 Jun 2022, at 01:04, Kevin Phillips <thewels...@live.com> wrote:

I capture M92 few nights ago, pretty happy how it came out. 55 frames at 3 mins exposure. I used L pro optlong filter.  Also I added calibration frames. Process in Startools. I started imaging around 11pm and finished at 3am the  next day at  Kennely   observatory.
Regards Kevin

<M56A.jpg>

tcos...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2022, 3:16:45 AM6/26/22
to croydo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kevin

That’s an excellent image with plenty of colour saturation and good focus and tracking. I presume you were using a portable setup at Kenley? Well done for staying up through the night to capture this. I have to say that I have not done any imaging from home lately with the nights being so short. However we have had a few nice clear nights recently so well done for making the most of them!

Cheers

Tim C

trevsie7

Jun 26, 2022, 4:16:57 AM6/26/22
to 'J R' via croydonastro
Very nice Kevin, I'm also interested to know what camera and setup you used