IC410 Tadpoles Nebula and IC417 Spider nebula

Trev S

Feb 26, 2024, 6:38:37 AMFeb 26
to croydonastro
Attached is my attempt at imaging IC410 the Tadpoles Nebula and IC417 the Spider Nebula in the constellation of Auriga. This was taken from my back garden in Surrey on the 18th and 19th of January 2024 on two of the few clear(ish) nights of the year so far.

IC410 is an Hii region located approximately 12,400 light-years away. It is associated with the young open cluster NGC 1893. The cluster has an apparent magnitude of 7.5 and an apparent size of 11 arcminutes.

IC417 (also know as SH2-234) is an emission nebula approximately 100 light years across.

Esprit 80ED with Skywatcher flattener
AZ-EQ6GT mount
ZWO ASI1600MM camera
Antlia filters
PHD2 guiding and SGPro mount and camera control
Processed with Astropixelprocessor , Pixinsight and PS2

Ha (red) 20x300s
Oiii (blue) 16x300s
Sii (green) 15x300s
RGB (stars) 10x120s
L 10x60s

Thanks for looking

IC410&IC417.jpg

drja...@aol.com

Feb 28, 2024, 4:29:39 AMFeb 28
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Trevor

An excellent image and getting two objects well framed with loads of details.

Good timing as it's frog spawn season at the moment!

James

Sent from my iPad

On 26 Feb 2024, at 11:38, Trev S <trevs...@gmail.com> wrote:

<IC410&IC417.jpg>

William Bottaci

Feb 28, 2024, 8:15:32 AMFeb 28
to croydo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Trevor
Very good image; all the detail is there and nicely balanced, both in exposure, colour and composition.
Would you be able to tell us the field of view, dimensions of the image please?
Thank you for sharing.
William

On Wed, 28 Feb 2024 at 09:29, 'drja...@aol.com' via croydonastro <croydo...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi Trevor
An excellent image and getting two objects well framed with loads of details.
Good timing as it's frog spawn season at the moment!
James

IC410&IC417.jpg

Trev S

Mar 4, 2024, 10:36:12 AMMar 4
to croydonastro
Thanks for the kind comments.
William, this image was slightly cropped from the original to remove stacking artifacts.  The final image is about 2.25' by 1.49' according to UniMap.
Unimap.png

tcos...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2024, 4:54:58 PMMar 4
to croydo...@googlegroups.com

That’s a very nice image Trev. I like the composition you achieved of framing the two objects in the same field of view. I’ve imaged the tadpoles previously but not the spider nebula – maybe one for the future (if we ever get any clear nights).

Well done and thanks for sharing

Tim C