Status Update :: Crowdfunding Manual for Social Movements

Joe Brewer

Apr 15, 2011, 5:27:37 PM4/15/11
to Crowdsourcing Social Movements
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to give you an update on where we're at in the writing process.  Suresh and I have been quite busy in the last week developing two content areas for the manual -- Running A Successful Crowdfunding Campaign and Researching Existing Collaborative Finance Tools.

We want the manual to be both a user-friendly "How-To-Guide" for engaging the crowd to generate social impact and an "Intro to Open Collaboration" that describes future prospects for collaborative engagement using social media, dynamic governance, and collaborative financing tools for driving social innovation.  I am taking the lead on the tricks-of-the-trade for successful crowdsourcing.  Suresh is researching and mapping out the collaborative finance space.  At the end of this process, we will deliver a set of resources that you can take away and run with (as well as continue to expand upon and improve).

More on the next steps soon...

Best,

Joe

--