Re: {CrowdSource} Research Question :: Diversity Concerns

Ariel Dougherty

Apr 25, 2011, 11:22:44 AM4/25/11
to crowdsourcing...@googlegroups.com
Over the weekend I found this article:

http://www.blackweb20.com/2011/03/02/crowdfunding-an-alternative-for-minority-startups/

Mar 2 11  by Lesly Simmons

Especially in reading the comments numerous other sources pop up.

             Best, Ariel

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Sue Wilson <suewilso...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Joe,

I am starting a new organization.  I'll be encouraging small local
groups to form in each community to knock on their TV and Radio
stations' doors and hold them accountable to their public interest
obligations.  The org will be an umbrella group to unite the locals
under a national banner.

I don't see doing this as a for-profit, and I'm looking for a 501 C 3
alternative, so am thinking this could be an association, where
perhaps each group would pay a fee every year to join.  I'm really not
adept at this organizational stuff, but it seems similar to crowd
source funding.

Thanks!

~Sue

--
SueWilsonReports.com
4354 Town Center Blvd. Ste 114-110
El Dorado Hills, CA  95762
209-245-6724
cell 916-812-4931

Ariel Dougherty            advocate 4 gendered media                  www.mediaequity.org
575. 894. 1844  fx 575. 894. 1845  Ariel...@gmail.com   Twitter:  MediaEquity
latest piece:  Three Feminist Media Principles: Envisioning a Path to a Less Violent, More Truthful Media
Associate Producer:! Women Art Revolution Lynn Hershman Leeson's documentary