Congratulations, and next steps

Andrew Su

May 28, 2013, 4:42:53 AM5/28/13
to crow...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Congratulations to the students who were selected for one of the
official GSOC slots with our org. A few quick notes:

Three of our mentors are out of the office this week (me included), so
please excuse us if we're slow to get started during this community
bonding period. Be assured that the entire team of mentors is _very_
excited about this year's group of students.

For those who were selected, thanks for introducing yourselves to the
group! As with last year, you are encouraged to post your proposal
(minus any biographical details you don't want to share). Each project
is quite distinct, so being able to see others' proposals helps to
identify any synergies.

For those who were not selected, please don't feel discouraged. As
always, we have more willing and talented applicants than slots. If
you'd like to participate in our organization even outside of the GSOC
program, you are very welcome here! Introduce yourself, post your
project idea, and we'll do our best to mentor you.

Looking forward to an exciting summer!

Cheers,
-andrew

Karthik G

May 28, 2013, 11:48:13 AM5/28/13
to crow...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Thank you for the welcome, Prof. Andrew.
I will be updating my blog with my progress throughout the summer.
I've included my proposal in my first blog post regarding Gsoc 2013 - http://gkarthik.net/google-summer-of-code-2013/.
I'm really looking forward to this summer :).

2012 GSoC Organization page: http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2012/scripps_crowdbio
GSoC Ideas page: http://sulab.org/gsoc/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Crowdsourcing Biology" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/crowdbio?hl=en.

Best Regards,
G.Karthik

Andrew Su

Jun 4, 2013, 2:08:31 PM6/4/13
to crow...@googlegroups.com
One more general comment to the entire group. We'll be using HipChat
as one of our primary means of communication this year. This group
chat application will allow multiple mentors to interact with each
student. All accepted GSoC students have been sent invitations to
HipChat.

In addition, anyone is welcome to lurk and/or participate on our
HipChat room. The public URL for guest access is here:
http://j.mp/CrowdBioChat. Note that guests do not see any chat
history.

Cheers,
-andrew