Video Based Bot for GeneWiki

shubham singhal

Feb 16, 2014, 6:15:26 AM2/16/14
to crow...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone

Firstly I, Shubham would like to introduce myself to the developers of this
commmunity. I am currently pursuing Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Roorkee INDIA. I had got a good knowledge of the tools used for the development of open source
software.

My skills include Programming languages: GNU C/C++, Java,  Python, Javascript,
Version control systems Git/Github and SVN. I am also aware with many of the web
development application tools and content management systems. I am an ambitious person willing to
learn other technologies when need in future.

I choose this organisation for the contribution as the work the community
does looks very appealing and interesting to me and useful for the whole community. The
skills used by the organisation for the development of open source software matches with my
skills to much extent.

I have ideas to improve and excel interest in lay people in Gene wiki by including the short interesting video based learning which takes the data from GeneWiki and create a short video which helps the people to understand Genes easily. I need a help to work on this.

Thanks
Shubham

shubham singhal

Feb 16, 2014, 12:47:13 PM2/16/14
to crow...@googlegroups.com
In this approach I would like to implement mechanism in which long paragraphs will be extracted from geneWiki and organized in a way that can be shown as pictures or frame of pictures. Through this mechanism people would be able to learn easily because pictures or videos are remembered more easily.

In an initial phase simple workflow will be used to describe the importance of gene. This approach would require supervised machine learning approach.

Thanks
Shubham

2012 GSoC Organization page: http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2012/scripps_crowdbio
2013 GSoC Organization page: http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2013/scripps_crowdbio
GSoC Ideas page: http://sulab.org/gsoc/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Crowdsourcing Biology" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/crowdbio.

Andrew Su

Feb 16, 2014, 12:56:31 PM2/16/14
to crow...@googlegroups.com
Dear Shubham,

Thanks for your interest in our organization.  I'm guessing that your email is in regards to the GSoC 2014 program.  If so, I regret to tell you that we will not be participating this year.  If you'd like to contribute to our efforts outside of the GSoC program, please reply and we can discuss....

Best regards,
-andrew

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Crowdsourcing Biology" group.

shubham singhal

Feb 16, 2014, 1:00:29 PM2/16/14
to crowdbio
Hi Andrew

Thanks for your reply. Yes my mail was in regard of GSoC 2014 program but I am interested to work on this project and need some financial assistance for this. I would like to discuss more about this project and contribute to the community.

Thanks
Shubham