Call for papers: 2020 AAAI Fall Series Symposium on AI for Social Good

hpurohi...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2020, 12:45:17 PM8/14/20
to Crowdsourcing and Human Computation
Dear colleagues,

The proposed symposium (to be held virtually Nov 13-14 2020: https://ai-for-socialgood.github.io/ ) builds upon our continued efforts in bringing the broader AI-related communities together to address the social good problems, under the umbrella of United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals. Further, the lessons from our last year’s successful AAAI Fall Series symposium on AI for Social Good and the 2015 AAAI Spring Symposium on Structured Data for Humanitarian Technologies will strengthen this year's program.

This symposium will bring together AI and computing researchers, domain scientists, practitioners, and policymakers to exchange ideas on characterizing problems and potential solutions, to identify synergies across different application domains, and to lead to future collaborative efforts.

We solicit paper submissions in either of the following two specific sub-areas of social good:
a.) Humanitarian Relief and Development
b.) Responsible AI in Healthcare

Papers (length: 2-6 pages) of the following types are sought:
- Research ideas
- Case studies (or deployed projects)
- Review papers
- Best practice papers
- Lessons learned

All submissions will be peer-reviewed and the selected papers will be invited for talks. We plan to create a CEUR workshop proceeding.

Please submit papers here: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=fss20

Important Dates:
Paper Submission Deadline: Sep 15, 2020
Paper Notifications: Oct 10, 2020