Get your PhD @ UT Austin's iSchool (applications due Dec. 1)

Matt Lease

Nov 6, 2023, 3:44:10 PM11/6/23
to Crowdsourcing and Human Computation

The University of Texas at Austin's School of Information (iSchool) is seeking talented and committed students to join our Ph.D. Program in Fall 2024! We seek passionate and driven applicants who are excited to undertake cutting-edge research to benefit the world and its people.

December 1st is our deadline to apply for fall 2024 admissions. Late applications may be submitted but are not guaranteed equal consideration. For additional information, please refer to our admissions website and recorded information session

We will host a live information session online on Wednesday, November 15th (12pm-1pm US CDT). Event link: https://utexas.zoom.us/j/94848553117

Our iSchool is a top-ranked PhD program committed to making a difference in the world through high-impact research. Our work seeks to enhance human lives and communities by understanding the impact and potential of information, in all its forms. We work to harness the massive scale and value of information, discover the principles and processes to manage it, and design solutions that are novel, creative, accessible, useful, usable, and sustainable. To increase understanding of the role and impact of information in all human endeavors, we study problems and develop solutions and critique for better information design, management, organization, access, preservation, and retrieval. The study of information can encompass and often extends beyond any existing field. Our world-class, interdisciplinary faculty spans a wide range of expertise: anthropology, communications, computer science, industrial engineering, library and information science, psychology, science & technology studies, and more.

Our school has a strong tradition of fully financially supporting our doctoral students through a combination of Fellowships, Research Assistantships, and Teaching Assistantships. Our support packages are competitive, including tuition, health insurance, and a stipend sufficient to live comfortably in Austin.

Beyond our top-ranked international graduate program, UT Austin is one of the world's premier research universities and is located in one of the USA's sunniest and most vibrant cities in which to live and work:

Our university’s motto is not only that "What Starts Here Changes the World" and we invite our community to "Make it Y/OUR Texas." Everyone who joins the iSchool community helps contribute to and amplifies our shared sense of belonging and purpose. We hope that you will embrace the opportunity and challenge that our PhD program offers and join us in conducting high-impact research that truly changes the world.

We look forward to your application! For any questions about admissions to our doctoral program, please contact us at gradua...@ischool.utexas.edu.

--
Matt Lease
Professor