Get your PhD @ UT Austin's iSchool!

Matt Lease

Nov 7, 2020, 10:10:15 PM11/7/20
to Crowdsourcing and Human Computation
The University of Texas at Austin's School of Information (iSchool) is seeking talented students to join our Ph.D. Program in Fall 2021!

Applications are due December 1st, 2020.
We seek to engage the best and brightest people who thrive on challenges to enter our Ph.D. program and help shape the future of research. Our research mission is to harness the massive scale and complexity of information, discover the principles and processes to manage it, and leverage information to enhance human lives. We seek to design information management solutions that are accessible, useful, usable, and sustainable. To increase our scientific understanding of the role and impact of information in all human endeavors, we study problems and develop solutions for better information design, management, organization, preservation, and retrieval.
Crowdsourcing-related Faculty: Danna Gurari, James Howison, and Matt Lease

Our flexible curriculum allows students to tailor their individual programs of study in order to meet each student's diverse research interests, preparing all students to become high quality, high-impact researchers in their targeted areas of interest.
Our school has a strong tradition of fully financially supporting our doctoral students through a combination of Research Assistantships, Teaching Assistantships, Fellowships and, in later years, teaching positions as Assistant Instructors. Our support packages include tuition, health insurance, and a stipend sufficient to live comfortably in Austin.

Beyond our top-ranked international graduate program, UT Austin is one of the world's premier research universities and is located in one of the USA's sunniest and most vibrant cities in which to live and work: Austin, TX.
According to Forbes magazine, Austin "boasts the strongest expansion in tech sector employment of any of the nation’s 52 largest metropolitan areas from 2004 to 2014, 74%, as well as 36% growth in STEM jobs, the fourth-highest growth rate in the country."
Our university’s motto is that, “What Starts Here Changes the World”, and our Ph.D. program will challenge you to do cutting-edge research. We hope you will join us in our mission to drive new research that truly changes the world and develops the new technologies of tomorrow.

For any questions about the doctoral program, please contact our Director of Doctoral Studies, Dr. Yan Zhang <ya...@ischool.utexas.edu>.