HCOMP2020: Call for Participation

HCOMP Publicity

Oct 22, 2020, 1:14:25 PM10/22/20
to crowd...@googlegroups.com
  • Apologies for cross-posting *
We invite you to attend the 8th AAAI Conference on Human Computation and Crowdsourcing (HCOMP 2020), which will be held on October 25-29 virtually at The Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision in Hilversum, The Netherlands.

HCOMP is the home of the human computation and crowdsourcing community. It’s the premier venue for presenting latest findings from research and practice into frameworks, methods and systems that bring together people and machine intelligence to achieve better results.

While artificial intelligence (AI) and human-computer interaction (HCI) represent traditional mainstays of the conference, HCOMP believes strongly in fostering and promoting broad, interdisciplinary research. Our field is particularly unique in the diversity of disciplines it draws upon and contributes to, including human-centred qualitative studies and HCI design, social computing, artificial intelligence, economics, computational social science, digital humanities, policy, and ethics. We promote the exchange of advances in human computation and crowdsourcing not only among researchers, but also engineers and practitioners, to encourage dialogue across disciplines and communities of practice.

This year’s conference theme is around the quality or qualities of human-annotated datasets. The programme features:

Doctoral Consortium track providing mentoring to PhD students

HCOMP2020 Social events:

  • BOOM CHICAGO will make sure we have sufficient fun during the conference days. Check out our HCOMP2020 trailer.

Sponsored by Sound and Vision

  • HAND-DRAWN SKETCHES - Elco van Staveren of Denkschets.nl will visualize with hand-drawn sketches the topics and events at the conference
Sponsored by Sound and Vision

New at HCOMP:
Organized by IBM and Google
Wednesday Oct 28, 2020, 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm CET

Organized by Ujwal Gadiraju (TU Delft)
Thursday Oct 29, 2020, 3:00 pm - 3:50 pm CET

2 Exciting Workshops focussing on Data and AI evaluation practices:

Monday, Oct 26, 2020, 2:00 pm - 6:20 pm CET

Sunday, Oct 25, 2020, 2:00 pm - 6:20 pm CET

If you’re interested in attending, you can find more information about how to register here for the whole conference to experience all this, or workshops only. All the video recordings from the conference will be available after the conference with your registration.

We’re looking forward to meeting you at HCOMP starting from Sunday, October 25.

Elena Simperl, King’s College London & Lora Aroyo, Google, HCOMP2020 general chairs