How mature is https://github.com/crossplane-contrib/provider-kubernetes?

Hui L

Mar 1, 2022, 11:23:47 AM3/1/22
to crossplane-dev
Dear community.

We are thinking of adopting cross plane to manage k8s resources.
but when we looked at https://github.com/crossplane-contrib/provider-kubernetes, it it in still early phase (release 0.1, 0.2 and there are several months apart between those two releases).

is this provider ready for prime time? or am I look at wrong repo?

Thank you for your help in advance.
Hui

hasan türken

Mar 25, 2022, 4:44:20 PM3/25/22
to crossplane-dev
Hi Hui,

Provider Kubernetes maintainer here 👋

Yes, that is the correct repo and despite it being 0.x, just like most of the other providers today, it is mature enough to manage k8s resources. There are a good amount of users of the provider in the community.
I would still suggest you do some POC/testing with the provider to ensure that it works well with your use case before using it in production.

Also, please consider joining to Crossplane slack channel to get faster responses :)

Best,
Hasan