Compatibility with EKS v1.24

Vasudev Reddy

Feb 1, 2024, 9:33:47 AMFeb 1
to crossplane-dev
Hi Team,

Our current EKS-v1.23 env runs the upbound/crossplane-v.1.9.0-up with upbound/provider-aws-v.0.29.0.  As we are performing a blue-green cluster upgrade. We have deployed these exact same version of upbound crossplane on our eks 1.24 cluster. But then we have observed crossplane pods have stuck in pod initializing state error.

- Is "upbound/crossplane-v.1.9.0-up" and "upbound/provider-aws-v.0.35.0" compatible with EKS v1.24

As we are a small team, you're response is much appreciate,

regards,
Vasu

Jean du Plessis

Feb 1, 2024, 9:55:39 AMFeb 1
to Vasudev Reddy, crossplane-dev
Hi Vasudev

Crossplane 1.9 is no longer supported. The earliest supported version is 1.12 and soon 1.13 once 1.15 is released in just over a week.

I also highly recommend using a newer version of
upbound/provider-aws as significant performance improvements were introduced after v0.44 and v1.0.0 is being released today.

Thanks
Jean du Plessis
Engineering Manager | Upbound.io