PLEASE, update the documentation!!

Roberto Vidal

Dec 31, 2019, 5:54:33 AM12/31/19
to Croogo
Hi, I´m a Croogo user for a long time, mainly on version 2.2.1.
I´m now trying to migrate all my apps and plugins (more than 40) to Croogo 3.0.5, and therefore, adapting the massive changes that came with CakePHP 3.X.

If migrating the code was not enough, I´m taking as impossible the simple task of migrating just the Croogo-related code parts.
The documentation refers to Croogo versions from 2016.. The examples don´t work, there is no code updated anywhere.
Fast example: in some of my views I was doing some calls to CroogoHelper, with $this->Croogo->adminRowAction().
Now I´m getting errors as the Helper is not found. How do I include the common helpers to be available in the views?

This is only one of the several problems I´m facing, and I cannot find help anywhere, plus I don´t like to be asking every time..
There´s a recent post in this group asking if Croogo is dead..... Well, there´s a 4.X version published, so I´m sure the main developers keep using it.
But if you want this community to be here tomorrow, it is time for you to update the docs, or this is going to hell.

Also, about the version change history.. A direct link to ALL THE CODE COMMITS??? Man, we are humans, not computers.
It´s practically impossible to used that as a reference guide, or migration guide, or whatever you want to call it.

Please, stop updating Croogo and focus on this BIG PROBLEM this project has.
In my opinion version 4.X is totally unnecesary while there is no documentation at all of versions 3.X.

Anyway, thanks for all your efforts.

slightlychilled

Feb 4, 2020, 1:13:23 AM2/4/20
to Croogo
Hi Roberto

I feel your pain, and I am going to start working on the documentation as soon as I have time. I would say that after having tested every version and release since version 1, Version 4 was badly needed. I've been working through V4 in detail looking for bugs and issues and feeding back as much as possible.

Robert V.

Feb 4, 2020, 2:49:06 AM2/4/20
to Croogo
All sayed :)