Selling entire Cromemco collection and All s-100

Laz Duc

Mar 2, 2024, 9:14:08 PMMar 2
to Cromemco
I just have not had time (80 yrs old) to enjoy my collections.  So as
all this equipment is dear to my heart ( You can probably relate to the incredible
time and effort,  money and travel I have invested over the many years.) I am
going to dispose of it.  Very regrettable so.

As this equipment is too heavy to ship ,unless you want to pay for shipping which
is outrageous and better to ship freight which would be much less, I will thru
email/phone relay my address to view and inspect said items.
I will now list a few of the items as there is too much to list all.
 (4) Cromemco systems  w/hard disk or 8in dual drives.  Numerous
backplane cards.  Imsai w/ dual 8in.  4 CompuPro systems, monitors,
about 40 other older systems.  Ohio Scientific.  And others I cannot remember.
For other interests...many old Apple, Amiga, clones, Atari TRS-80.

I live in Washington state.  If interested email me through this site.
Thanks, Mike

Jay Cotton

Mar 3, 2024, 2:30:16 AMMar 3
to crom...@googlegroups.com
I am in Oregon, perhaps we can work something out.

tnx
jc

Fred Weigel

Mar 16, 2024, 10:29:56 AMMar 16
to Cromemco

That is truly sad. I wonder if I should investigate the creation of a museum. Your collection looks large enough to base a museum on. Cities supporting this would include New York, LA, Toronto, Chicago. I live in Toronto (metropolis, maybe 11 million people, close to New York, Montreal, Detroit).

I can begin this investigation for this area. As to shipping... whatever happens, that should not be your concern. I am much more interested in keeping your collection together and making it available to the public.

Fred Weigel
fred (at) hotmail (dot) com

geneb

Mar 16, 2024, 12:47:37 PMMar 16
to Cromemco
> On Saturday, March 2, 2024 at 9:14:08 PM UTC-5 duc...@comcast.net wrote:
>
>> I just have not had time (80 yrs old) to enjoy my collections. So as
>> all this equipment is dear to my heart ( You can probably relate to the
>> incredible
>> time and effort, money and travel I have invested over the many years.) I
>> am
>> going to dispose of it. Very regrettable so.
>>
>> As this equipment is too heavy to ship ,unless you want to pay for
>> shipping which
>> is outrageous and better to ship freight which would be much less, I will
>> thru
>> email/phone relay my address to view and inspect said items.
>> I will now list a few of the items as there is too much to list all.
>> (4) Cromemco systems w/hard disk or 8in dual drives. Numerous
>> backplane cards. Imsai w/ dual 8in. 4 CompuPro systems, monitors,
>> about 40 other older systems. Ohio Scientific. And others I cannot
>> remember.
>> For other interests...many old Apple, Amiga, clones, Atari TRS-80.
>>
>> I live in Washington state. If interested email me through this site.
>> Thanks, Mike

Mike, I'd like to talk to you about your S-100 collection - if you'd like
to do that, I can be reached at geneb - at - deltasoft.com. I'm located
in Graham, WA, so no shipping would be involved. ;)

Thanks!

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
Some people collect things for a hobby. Geeks collect hobbies.

lazduc

Mar 17, 2024, 2:39:49 PMMar 17
to crom...@googlegroups.com

Fred, Thanks for your interest.  Paul Allen, Bill Gates’s partner who is deceased had a large collection in Seattle.  They contacted me but were only interested in very specific systems.

Mike

fridtjof.ma...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2024, 10:49:34 AMMar 24
to crom...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for my delay in replying.

I have discussed this with my wife, and have support for this idea. I
am looking at some of the governement offices -- it may be possible to
get government funding for this (but, as my wife points out they may
specify where the location should be -- Ottawa in the high-tech area
there).

My preference is still the Toronto area, to maximize the public
exposure.

Fred Weigel.