Fwd: PCCOM 3102 Emulation ... does not computer?!

Message has been deleted

cro memcos

Jan 31, 2024, 6:46:58 PMJan 31
to crom...@googlegroups.com
SORRY  POSTING AGAIN ... EMAIL SENT PREMATURELY

Dear All,

Still trying to get my CS250 running, but first under CDOS  and try as I might  the 3102 terminal emulation or my brain/memory is not working.

So I am using the PCCOM.EXE program under 16 bit MS-DOS and I always thought that this relatively old and dumb program gave a flawless Cromemco 3102 terminal emulation.

But any program that I assume is using the 3102 Escape sequences is plain not working.

In desperation I loaded 68K Cromix and then used the CE editor with the termcaps set to 3102 and then CE works fine.

But in Cromix any attempt to use screen.bin   (68K or Z80 cromix) or screen.com  (CDOS Z80) has the screen emulation failing

image.png

In this screen shot you see me running screen.bin, z80 cromix version in cromix 168, on a DPU card and you see the status line is wrongly shown at bottom and no editing works on the screen at all.

----

So I always thought that the PCCOM.COM program gave faithful emulation and that all versions of SCREEN.COM  of cdos  code only gave 3102 emulation unless you poked around the binary  (as I did frequently) to change it to VT100 or other codes.

I am absolutely sure the SCREEN.COM  is the unadulterated versions at CDOS level  and I think I proved that PCCOM emulation is working right because CE editor under Cromix 168 with termcaps set to 3102 works fine.

---

So where am I going wrong.   why isnt PCCOM seemingly working under CDOS?

marcus

Richard Muse

Jan 31, 2024, 7:08:11 PMJan 31
to crom...@googlegroups.com, cro memcos

Hmm, this is very strange. When I use pccom to connect to my XPU/31.68 system using the 3102 term definition ce does not work. Using C-20 or C-21 does work except for the arrows.  ^h-^l are left, up, down and right arrows. Can modify the definition to fix this also. That's just what happens stock from my pc.

Richard M.

cro memcos

Feb 1, 2024, 6:40:17 PMFeb 1
to Richard Muse, crom...@googlegroups.com
Richard, you are right.

I hold my hands up in error.   When I did my testing under CROMIX I modified the TERMinal definition but did not reboot.  So the reason it worked was because the definition was still stuck at vt100.   I did another test now

image.png

And sure enough PCCOM is not doing C3102 emulation as I had thought.  So I will post a new question to the forum for advice.