IDE/CF board on Cromemco

emilsarlija

Sep 24, 2021, 8:33:45 PM9/24/21
to Cromemco
Hi all,

I didn't want to hijack an existing thread to ask about something that was mentioned and going off the original topic.

This mostly goes out to Roger Hanscom, or anyone else that may be doing this. The recent thread mentions using John Monahan's IDE/CF card to run CP/M on a Cromemco. I would also like to do this as it could make transferring files from a modern computer easier rather than going via an XT clone with 22DISK or IMD.

Could you please provide details how you set it up, which CP/M you're using (Intelligent Terminals, MICAH, or custom), the app you're using to switch to the card from floppy, and anything else useful. I assume you're partitioning the card using cpmtools under Windows or Linux. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm temporarily stood down from work while the state is under lockdown so I have lots of time on my hands. May even make a YouTube video showing off my Z-1 that I'm happy to share if there's any interest.

Have fun!
Emil