New member here

Tim Radde

Nov 22, 2021, 12:17:30 PM11/22/21
to Cromemco
Looks like I followed Dave over from VCFED.  :)  I never even knew there was a Cromemco group.  Till someone mentioned it on VCFED.  I no longer have any Cromemco gear.  I had a Z2-D long ago and now wish I still had it.  But I enjoy following along as others work on their Cromemco stuff.  So I'll just hang in the background here most of the time.  If I have something helpful to offer I will gladly post it.  Glad to be here.
   Tim Radde

David Roberts

Nov 22, 2021, 1:38:15 PM11/22/21
to crom...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim.

The more the merrier!

Dave

On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 at 17:17, Tim Radde <timr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Looks like I followed Dave over from VCFED.  :)  I never even knew there was a Cromemco group.  Till someone mentioned it on VCFED.  I no longer have any Cromemco gear.  I had a Z2-D long ago and now wish I still had it.  But I enjoy following along as others work on their Cromemco stuff.  So I'll just hang in the background here most of the time.  If I have something helpful to offer I will gladly post it.  Glad to be here.
   Tim Radde

Roger Hanscom

Nov 22, 2021, 8:33:24 PM11/22/21
to crom...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Tim!!!

I have two Cromemco System One chassis -- one is rigged up for CDOS/CPM 2.2 with ZPU, 16FDC, and a 512KZ (I can add a TUART when I need extra serial lines).  I think I can also run Z80 Cromix, but don't quote me on that!  It uses the IDE/CF card from the S100computers group, so CP/M has sixteen 8 MB "drives".  It boots into ITC CP/M from 5.25" HD the floppy drive (there are 3, but one is dying!), but then I run a little chunk of code I wrote to switch over to the compact flash card.  Right now, I have no access to the floppies from the system on compact flash.  I do all my file transfer via XMODEM.

The second System One is rigged up for Cromix with an XPU, 32FDC, and two 512KZs.  I'm limited to what I can do here because I have no hard drive ... just four 5.25" HD floppy drives.  Also do not have much in the way of application software.  Just SBASIC(?) (I think that's right).

Roger

damian

Nov 22, 2021, 10:51:41 PM11/22/21
to Cromemco