IMI 7710 drive used in Corvus for apple computers.

Hansi Tesarz

Jun 11, 2024, 11:24:40 AMJun 11
to Cromemco
i started working on my IMI 7710 drive again.
and while searching archive.org i found the manual for corvus 11 mbyte drives.
they used IMI 7710 drives in their own package.
check out the manual, it is really helpful.

<iframe src="https://archive.org/embed/Corvus_11-20MB_Drive_Service_Manual" width="560" height="384" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" allowfullscreen></iframe>

/H

Mike Stein

Jun 12, 2024, 6:22:37 PMJun 12
to crom...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if I'm actually going to try to get mine working, but
thanks very much for the tip in any case.

Good luck with yours!!

Arnold Mike

Jun 13, 2024, 9:26:29 PMJun 13
to hansi....@gmail.com, crom...@googlegroups.com

Another thought...

If the head lock solenoid appears to be working then put a voltmeter across the pins that go to the linear motor. If the servo is disabled then the voltage should be no more than tens of millivolts.