Updated Cromix Z80 simulator (from Udo Monk)

cro memcos

Aug 1, 2021, 7:57:08 AM8/1/21
to crom...@googlegroups.com
image.png

Backstory

So to my knowledge there are  documented 2 ways to run Z80 Cromix 11.27 on a Windows system using ZEMU under Windows and using Udo Monks Z80PACK under Linux.

Until today Udo's Z80PACK required starting via a graphical frontpanel.    This was less than ideal from my Raspberry Pi emulation, running Z80PACK, which is accessible via the internet.   Why?

Well I wanted to be able to fully reset the system, say every midnight, and do so via a command line script   (driven by cron).    The current Z80PACK forced me to start a graphical session, launch a front panel and click stuff.

So to remind all that the original article is here

----

So Then

In the very similar soon to be published article I'll go through an alternative build procedure that ends up in a run line that does everything command line and needs no front panel.

This can live on something as small as a Raspberry Pi  (I use a 4B  with 2GB memory with a 64bit OS)

Coming soon