Claws not downloading mail (how do I check and prove the matter?)

Miroslav Rovis

Nov 12, 2012, 11:48:07 AM11/12/12
to us...@lists.claws-mail.org, croati...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
I don't think (but don't know with certainty), but I don't think that
it is a Claws failure.

But how do I check and prove the matter?

How do I prove that it is not Claws's fault?

I can do screencasts, here's for starters:

Iskon not letting Claws-mail download messages for me?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xVp7pGiI

(In that sense, pls. Claws-mail people, allow my sending a copy of this
message to croati...@googlegroups.com because I have earnest
doubts this is also freedom of speech issue, not only tech ("Iskon" is
my provider). Thank you!)

This is the most recent try:

# cat /home/miro/.claws-mail/claws.log
...[snip]...
[16:57:32] * message: Account 'mir...@pop.iskon.hr': Connecting to
POP3 server: pop.iskon.hr... [16:57:32] POP3< +OK
[16:57:32] POP3> USER mirovis
[16:57:32] POP3< +OK
[16:57:32] POP3> PASS ********
[16:57:32] POP3< +OK
[16:57:32] POP3> STAT
[16:57:32] POP3< +OK 73 1719575
[16:57:32] POP3> UIDL
[16:57:32] POP3< +OK
[16:57:32] POP3> LIST
[16:57:32] POP3< +OK
[16:57:32] POP3> QUIT
[16:57:32] POP3< +OK

But downloads nothing...

I changed notthing in the meantime in Claws conf. And it did send and
download fine in the first few hours that I used it.

I moved all the thunderbird folders with claws-mail-tbird2claws and it
worked just fine in the first few hours that I used it.

But now not.

Last time I got something downloaded is:

Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 14:40:15 +1100

or, the previous one, in CET (my part of planet):

Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 04:36:48 +0100

The "Date..." lines above are copied from the ultimate and penultimate
(last) two messages in the inbox.

Afterwards, no matter how I tried, I cannot download anything from my
provider's servers.

Webmail works, I can see all the new messages there.

Sending also works (unless it stopped with this one), but no receiving
of mail.

I don't think it is a Claws issue, but how do I check it and if Claws
is fine, how do I prove it to them?

Thanks!

Miroslav Rovis
http://www.exDeo.com
http://groups.google.com/group/croatian-news/
http://www.youtube.com/user/miroR2
http://vimeo.com/user9621785

signature.asc

Miro

Nov 12, 2012, 4:26:02 PM11/12/12
to croati...@googlegroups.com, us...@lists.claws-mail.org
ENGLISH, briefly: Not sent to us...@lists.claws-mail.org, because, the girl at Iskon says, because she sees there is no space after ","  She sees:
insomn...@localnet.com>,us...@lists.claws-mail.org in the To: line, and the us...@lists.claws-mail.org she says (in the first as in the second mail), is not in blue, so not sent.
Their fault (possibly because of filters introduced for reasons of censorship.
If anyone from claws-mail sees this, pls. let the us...@lists.claws-mail.org know, because I am unable to send anything there now.

HRVATSKI
Uz upravo odkrivene one što su vjerovatno nove, prljave, metode cenzure od strane Iskona (ne bojte, ne bi to ni jedna, ili gotovo ni jedna institucija u ovome režimu priznala niti za vjerodostojnu sumnju...)...
Uz upravo odkrivene vjerovatne prljave metode cenzure od strane Iskona prema meni, malčice drugačijom prigodom, prosudite sami je li moguće, i je li dakle dopustivo predpostaviti da se radi o možda hotimičnoj "grješki"...
Uz u drugom slikopisu odkrivene vjerovatne prljave metode cenzure, pogledajte prvi, a onda se sjetite istog kad drugi budete gledali.

Prvi:
Iskon 1, not letting Claws mail download messages for me?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xVp7pGiI

Drugi:
Iskon 2, mrežno sučelje grješke, molim hitniji izpravak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN3CATP0bbY

Grješke takve zbivaju se, da, radi nedostatka običnog " " ("razmaka", "space", "blank") u programskim kodovima, to je istina!
Ali takav nedostatak običnih razmaka često, često viđah kod režimskih kvariteljskih "hacker-a", radi kakvih nedostataka, i sličnih drugih, induciranih kvarova, onda programi u računalima Domoljuba ne rade, krivo se prikazuju e-poruke, i toliko toga...
Pa se dade predpostaviti da je vjerovatno i nemogućnost da ja preuzmem poruke koje su mi poslane, a već 20-tak sati ih ne mogu preuzeti, u svoje računalo, inducirana takvim kvarom.