CWA - Press release April 11, 2007

CroRadio.net

Apr 12, 2007, 1:59:21 AM4/12/07
to Croatian News
Lobbying

April 11, 2007

Press Release
For Immediate Release
Contact: Jackie Prkic
con...@croatianworldwideassociation.com

Over the last several days, commentaries have been written by
unreliable and unworthy sources concerning information about other
unreliable and unworthy sources. As the commentaries are just that,
unreliable and unworthy, they are completely aimed to discredit
patriotic Croatians who work to promote democratic principles for
Croatia and Croatians.

Furthermore, the Croatian Worldwide Association (CWA) has consistently
worked to promote democratic principles in Croatia and Bosna-
Hercegovina. This work is evident on our website: www.croatianworldwideassociation.com
or www.hrvatskasvjetskaorganizacija.com

The information contained on the CWA website is all for a truly
democratic Croatia. Anyone can see firsthand what the CWA organization
stands for, works for and supports.

Unfortunately, each time the CWA organizes an event, such as a support
rally and a peaceful manifestation at The Hague for Croatian Generals
falsely accused and indicted by the UN War Crimes Tribunal, the
saboteurs automatically come in out in full force to discredit,
disrupt and destroy the event. Regrettably, those who feverishly work
against Croatian patriots and attempt to discredit the CWA
organization, the actual event, its members and supporters, must have
nothing better to do than to complain, spread lies and ultimately,
stop any sort of event from taking place.

For the record, the CWA is not in anyway, whatsoever, associated with
any political party in Croatia or abroad - anywhere. The CWA is
completely independent of any political groups all over the world.
This independency is what apparently irks and agitates others who
choose to write and spread erroneous and false accusations.

The CWA will continue to work towards a democratic and free Croatia, a
Croatia envisioned in 1990 after decades of Yugoslav/Communist rule.
The May 5, 2007 manifestation at The Hague is planned and intended to
display support for our Croatian Generals, to show the world we have
not forgotten these brave heroes who so graciously defended Croatia
from aggression and occupation of the Yugoslav/Serbian army.

The CWA asks those dissenters and naysayers if they want to help than
please let us know. If they know of a different way to support our
Croatian Generals and a democratic Croatia, than please, do let us
know. We are willing to work together with those who are interested in
making a difference and getting the truth out about the Homeland War.

In the meantime, the CWA thanks all of those brave individuals who are
now in the thrux of a unjust court who is on a hunt to destroy all
that is democratic and patriotic about Croatia. We will continue to
work for truth, justice and peace.

Demonstration for Croatian General Ante Gotovina at The Hague

More Pictures below text.

One year after arrest and extradition to The Hague prison by the
United Nations War Crimins Tribunal (ICTY).

The Croatian Worldwide Association thanks all those who came to
support and remember the General.

December 9, 2006
The Hague

After one year after the arrest and extradition of Croatian General
Ante Gotovina, The Croatian Worldwide Association (CWA) held
demonstrations in support of the General at The Hague, Netherlands.

Patriots and supporters ranging from Dutch, Croatians, Bosnians, and
Serbians pronounced themselves at The Hague to support our Croatian
homeland war veterans and imprisoned Croatian General Ante Gotovina.

Despite the barrage of hostility and insults from those against our
veterans and cause, men and women, young and old alike, came to show
their support.

We thank all those who attended this unforgettable and historical
event.

Lead CWA organizer, Virginia Kapic, demanded dignity and respect for
all homeland war veterans by reading a moving speech to the public
which was followed by a shorter speech in both Dutch and Croatian
languages.

Those who gathered to show support in this peaceful demonstration
proved that the event was a total and complete success; a
demonstration for those who gathered in solidarity and to show the
world the truth of Croatia's fight for independence and democracy
against Communist Yugoslavia.

The CWA believes that after being imprisoned for over a year under
bogus United Nations charges, General Gotovina needs to have his
spirits lifted and know that he has not been forgotten and will not be
forgotten.

In spite of the ugliness of the politicians who indicted him and sent
him to The Hague's prison, Croatia as an independent country would be
unthinkable and unimaginable without the General and the countless
veterans who defended Croatia.

The CWA hopes to show that the corrupt leaders have not succeeded in
their campaign of lies and intimidation and that there is a place for
truth and justice which will prevail in the end.

We would like to witness a truthful and just act which would permit
and set the General free from prison.

Even though the Croatian government is against the freeing of the
General and other Croatian indictees, those who showed up at the
demonstration and helped both quietly and publicaly, please know, as
the saying goes: one man with courage makes a majority.

On December 7, 2005, General Ante Gotovina was arrested and handed
over to the United Nations International Criminal Tribunal for former
Yugoslavia (ICTY). By handing over General Gotovina, traitors that
create policy in Croatia try to provide themselves entrance into the
European Union (EU). Under the UN War Crimes Tribunal, led by Chief
Prosecutor Carla Del Ponte, it is difficult to find any justice.

We call on all patriots:

Our work is not done and we must continue to demand and fight for
truth and justice.

#Croatian youth maltreated in Germany
http://www.croatianworldwideassociation.com/site/epage/46112_571.htm
# Jailed Croat MP vows to continue hunger strike
http://www.croatianworldwideassociation.com/site/epage/43645_571.htm
# Molim lobirajte da se Domagoj Margetic pusti na slobodu iz zatvora!
http://www.croatianworldwideassociation.com/site/epage/40204_571.htm
# Gen. Gotovina in prison for 6 months
http://www.croatianworldwideassociation.com/site/epage/40203_571.htm
# Tell President Bush to nominate...
http://www.croatianworldwideassociation.com/site/epage/36735_571.htm
# TRAZITE OD PREDSJEDNIKA BUSHA...
http://www.croatianworldwideassociation.com/site/epage/35531_571.htm
# General Gotovina December 2005
http://www.croatianworldwideassociation.com/site/epage/35215_571.htm
We have put forth the following action plan to help secure the
immediate release of General Gotovina from custody. The fight is not
over.

We must come together and request that Croatian citizens stand up and
speak out at the next elections in Croatia. Prime Minister Sanader and
his government have betrayed their campaign promise to defend and free
the general.
# House Resolution 529 (IV)
http://www.croatianworldwideassociation.com/site/epage/35213_571.htm
The moment is before us and we must unite together again by Tuesday
evening and ensure a successful lobbying campaign in regards to House
Resolution 529 involving language against our General Ante Gotovina,
Croatia's hero.
# House Resolution 529 (III)
http://www.croatianworldwideassociation.com/site/epage/35212_571.htm
Thank you for your calls, faxes and e-mails demanding that Congress
remove language from House Resolution 529 stating Croatian General
Ante Gotovina be sent to The Hague. Should the U.S. Congress decide to
vote on this resolution, we have no other choice but to urge Members
to vote "no" on the resolution. We will keep you posted on emerging
developments.
# House Resolution 529 (II)
http://www.croatianworldwideassociation.com/site/epage/35113_571.htm
The Croatian Worldwide Association has received confirmation that the
language regarding Croatian General Ante Gotovina was NOT removed from
the resolution during the European Subcommittee hearing.
# House Resolution 529 (I)
http://www.croatianworldwideassociation.com/site/epage/35114_571.htm
Today, the European Subcommiitee of the House International Affairs
Committee (U.S. Congress) is considering House Resolution 529 which
would trade General Ante Gotovina to The Hague in exchange for
Croatia's entry into NATO.