CRM Evolution Conference

1 view

Therese

Aug 28, 2009, 7:09:34 AM8/28/09
to CRMforum
I only attended the first day of the CRM Evolution Conference in NYC.
The opening keynote by Paul Greenberg was excellent, however, the
follow-on small group sessions were hit or miss. It seemed the common
topic of every presenter was social media. I'm in to the social media
and social CRM presentations however a few topics other than the
already overhyped topic of Web 2.0 would have been nice. I enjoy
reading CRM magazine (the sponsor of this event) but I'm unsure
whether I'll attend this annual event next year. The journey to New
York is a long one for only a mediocre show. Can anybody advise if I
missed anything significant on days 2 or 3 and whether they felt the
event was worthwhile?

Laureen

Aug 29, 2009, 7:29:18 PM8/29/09
to CRMforum
I enjoyed the opening keynote by Paul Greenberg and the Tuesday
networking reception the best. Ray Wang (who just left Forrester the
week before), Bruce Culbert and Jesus Hoyos offered the best sessions
for me. Several of the sessions which I'll leave nameless were not
prepared and poor presenters. It was also unfortunate that about half
the presentations were not included in the presentation book delivered
to attendees. I also noticed the attendance was low - I suspect around
200 - and I heard many of them were freebies handed out by CRM
magazine shortly before the event. The entire CRM Evolution conference
was tweeted at #CRMe09.

Edy

Aug 30, 2009, 10:41:11 AM8/30/09
to CRMforum
Like most industry conferences, the CRM Evolution 2009 had its upsides
and downsides. The upsides included some good keynotes by both Paul
Greenberg and Jeff Rayport and some good small group sessions by Bruce
Culbert, Brent Leary, Ray Wang, Bill Band, Barton Goldenberg and Jesus
Hoyos. The Tuesday night networking reception and the CRM Playaz
events were really a good time. The downsides included a number of
weak small group session presentations, really weak vendor tutorials
sessions (powerpoint presentations instead of showing actual
software), low attendence and sparse facilities (no coffee stations
during the afternoon - are you kidding me?). The merging of CRM
Evolution and SpeechTEK was initially a bit akward but didn't seem to
result in either any synergies or problems. As with most conferences,
the networking with industry colleauges that I often only ever see at
these types of events is what made it the most worthwhile for me.

Katie

Oct 17, 2009, 2:07:55 PM10/17/09
to CRMforum
I thought the conference was fair. I didn't see any real benefit of
combining the CRM and Speech Tech conferences into one, however, I
assume that costs are tight and this merger was a cost savings effort.
The keynotes were good however the individual group sessions were very
mixed - some of them offered useful insight while others were overt
consultants selling their services. The networking reception was fun
as was the CRM Playaz which tried to roast a CRM CEO - who was a very
good sport.