Looking for best CRM industry magazine and book

Sanjay

Sep 8, 2009, 7:28:54 AM9/8/09
to CRMforum
I’m a newbie to the customer relationship management software
industry, however, I’ve been selected to be a participant on our
company’s CRM project team so I need to immerse myself into as much
CRM learning as I can. I’m looking for a recommendation for the best
CRM industry magazine and book to continue my learning. All
recommendations appreciated.

Laureen

Sep 10, 2009, 7:48:03 PM9/10/09
to CRMforum
Welcome to the industry. It’s been my experience that most CRM
practitioners don’t plan on entering the CRM industry, but somehow
find themselves with an opportunity and thereafter choose not to
leave. While there are many great CRM books there are few good
magazines. For the best books, I recommend Paul Greenberg’s CRM at the
Speed of Light. Paul’s earlier editions of this book focused largely
on transactional CRM however his upcoming release (I believe to be
released around November this year) will have an extraordinary focus
on social media, social CRM or what Paul likes to call CRM 2.0. Barton
Goldenberg also publishes a popular book called CRM In Real Time. I
believe this is the second most popular book on the topic.

There are only two popular CRM industry magazines – CRM Magazine and
Customer Information Solutions by TMC. I prefer TMC as I find the
editorial stories superior and the market coverage for products and
solutions far superior. It appears to me that CRM Magazine’s coverage
is exactly parallel to its advertising sponsors. Maybe that’s the norm
among technology magazines but I would prefer to also read about
products and solutions that don’t advertise in their magazine.

Therese

Sep 11, 2009, 7:54:47 PM9/11/09
to CRMforum
CRM magazine does a good job of profiling the market share leading
vendors such as Microsoft and Salesforce.com. However, their coverage
of alternate vendors and up-and-comers is dreadful. I prefer TMC's CIS
(Customer Inter@ction Solutions) magazine as I think the writers are
better journalists and less biased. For a good CRM book, also check
out Jill Dyche’s The CRM Handbook.

Edy

Sep 13, 2009, 8:31:34 PM9/13/09
to CRMforum
Best CRM Book = CRM at the Speed of Light by Paul Greenberg.
Best CRM Magazine = Selling Power magazine.

Johanas

Sep 16, 2009, 7:26:03 PM9/16/09
to CRMforum
If your interest is on SFA and selling, I highly recommend Selling
Power magazine. I no longer read CRM Magazine as I’ve also noticed
that CRM magazine’s stories seem to coincidently revolve around the
few top tier vendors who also seem to be their top advertisers. It’s
hard not to notice such an obvious bend when the magazine dedicates an
entire monthly issue to one vendor – such as November’s upcoming
release being dedicated entirely to Salesforce.com. I can only suspect
salesforce.com carries of lot of advertising clout. I ditto the other
comments suggesting CRM at the Speed of Light as the best industry