Counts table in Default Dashboard not populating

Greg Longo

Apr 3, 2018, 2:26:21 PM4/3/18
to crits-users
Good afternoon. I am brand new to CRITs and hoping this is the right place for a very basic question (I've exhausted my Google searching and came up empty).

I got CRITs up and running quickly using the bootstrap script as well as the documentation online. Some data has been loaded for testing (domains, emails, samples, actors) and I've created a few saved queries (basically empty searches using ".") to get data populated on the dashboard. However, in trying to customize the default dashboard, I cannot get the "Counts" table to populate anything - I'm sure its something very simple that I'm overlooking. Using the mongo shell I am able to query db.indicators.count() etc. and I get the right number.

Thanks in advance!
Greg

Michael Goffin

Apr 3, 2018, 2:59:39 PM4/3/18
to Greg Longo, crits-users
There are mapreduce jobs that you can run via cron to populate the Counts, among other things. Documentation for setting it up should be in the wiki.

Greg Longo

Steve Castellarin

Apr 4, 2018, 9:54:40 AM4/4/18
to crits-users
Hey Mike,

I'm having a similar problem on my dashboard (I'm running 4-master).  I have been running the mapreduces cron job for quite a while, but in my case the "Top Campaigns" section does not update.  Any idea on what to look at to address this?

Steve

Michael Goffin

Apr 4, 2018, 10:31:51 AM4/4/18
to Steve Castellarin, crits-users
You can look in your database if you wish and run that code manually to see it update.

Steve Castellarin

Apr 5, 2018, 8:58:20 AM4/5/18
to Michael Goffin, crits-users
Looking at the campaign data we have the "Top Campaigns" table just lists the first 5 campaigns in the campaigns collection.  Could there be something off in the way the dashboard code is trying to read/sort the campaign data?  The dashboard we have is just the default (public) dashboard - not a custom dashboard.