Crits and Docker

Peter

Nov 12, 2016, 8:11:33 AM11/12/16
to crits-users
Hi all

Has anyone has any success in using running CRITs in a Docker container in a production environment. I am exploring the idea as our DevOps guys do not have the skill set and or time to keep CRITs updated. We are exploring having CRITs running as a Docker application (Where I keep the build updated on my laptop) point to a production mogodb where configuration will remain. Has anyone used CRITs like this before. So far we are experimenting with the remun CRITs (https://hub.docker.com/r/remnux/crits/) Docker file and building out our own  Docker file. I am interested in any experiences; good or bad....

Peter

Michael Goffin

Nov 12, 2016, 8:33:01 AM11/12/16
to Peter, crits-users
Howdy!

I personally don't have any experience using Docker for the UI portion of CRITs and the Remnux folks' docker app is the only one I'm family with insofar as I know it exists :) I am not sure what the performance would be like but if the DB is on hardware the heavy lifting shouldn't burden the container very much.

We'd be happy to work with you if you feel like getting a solid working container and contributing it back so others can benefit and help maintain it?

Peter Purwin

Dec 6, 2016, 8:35:44 AM12/6/16
to Michael Goffin, crits-users
HI all

I have been slient on this.  But in the back grounds it has been worked on. Feel free to play around and log any issues on git hub.

https://github.com/auxiliumsec/docker_crits_services

Regards

Peter

On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 8:11 AM Peter <pur...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all

Has anyone has any success in using running CRITs in a Docker container in a production environment. I am exploring the idea as our DevOps guys do not have the skill set and or time to keep CRITs updated. We are exploring having CRITs running as a Docker application (Where I keep the build updated on my laptop) point to a production mogodb where configuration will remain. Has anyone used CRITs like this before. So far we are experimenting with the remun CRITs (https://hub.docker.com/r/remnux/crits/) Docker file and building out our own  Docker file. I am interested in any experiences; good or bad....

Peter

Michael Goffin

Dec 6, 2016, 8:58:49 AM12/6/16
to Peter Purwin, crits-users

Peter Purwin

Dec 6, 2016, 9:07:25 AM12/6/16
to Michael Goffin, crits-users
Also,  to make sure all knows, this is not my baby (well... only if you think its amazing).  We ask a contractor to create this for the company that I work for. So its very much aligned to certain requirements. But still me know what you think...