DA/HA Setup

Chris S

Nov 2, 2017, 11:34:34 AM11/2/17
to crits-users
Has anyone set their crits install up for disaster recovery or high availability?  I am looking for an active/passive setup, but can go active/active if that is what it takes.

Thanks.

Michael Goffin

Nov 2, 2017, 11:46:37 AM11/2/17
to Chris S, crits-users
The best thing to do for this is use replicaSet high availability (https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/core/replica-set-high-availability/) putting replicas in different locations but setting up to read off primaries so the replication process doesn't impede performance. Load balancing or redirecting to different UI hosts would be the other bit to take into account.

We have our setup leveraging two different data centers and things are working out well. We don't have load balancing between two UI servers but we probably should.

Chris S