Seeking CP for New Adult Contemporary Fiction

Grace Miller

Jan 16, 2022, 8:48:29 PMJan 16
to Critique Partner Matchup

Hi everyone!

I’m looking for a critique partner/partners for my draft of my adult/new adult contemporary fiction novel. It’s a complete draft, but still in the early stages, so I’m hoping to hear critiques on story structure, pacing, plot holes, character development, things in that vein.

The story follows a journalism student at a prestigious liberal arts school, who uncovers a scandal about a senator. She finds herself facing threats and blackmail as she’s investigating, and tries to outrun the danger facing her and her friends in order to publish her story, all while attempting to navigate her tattered love life.

It’s currently around 100k (and almost certainly needs cut down) and toes the line between serious and satirical.

The last book I read that I loved was Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid, and the book I feel like epitomizes me as a reader is If We Were Villains by ML Rio. I generally love stories that center around complex relationships between characters, and that’s what I hope to achieve in my writing.