Seeing Longterm CP for Short Stories

Anna Chu

May 29, 2024, 8:57:56 PMMay 29
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi, I'm currently working on writing short stories to flash fiction length pieces — ranging from 1000 words to 20 pages — and I'd like to try to build a long term critiquing relationship!

What I write: I write a lot of literary fiction centered around complex female relationships/friendships, effects of religion, filial relationships in immigrant family dynamics. I also dabble in writing romance, though that is not currently my focus.

What I like to read: I like to read both literary fiction and romance. I am open to working with either — as long as you are willing to work with literary!

What I'm looking for: Someone who can give me feedback on what they perceive to work/not work in the story, initial emotions/feelings they perceive while reading the story, and to point out if there is any weakness/things that don't make sense

How I work: I am trying to work with Matthew Salesses' method of workshopping where I offer suggestions through questions to see what possibilities are brought about by these changes!

Please reply to this message if you're interested!