Looking for CP for Contemporary NA Fiction

C Azio

May 16, 2021, 2:31:20 PM5/16/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hello all!

I'm in search of a second CP to get a fresh set of eyes on a 2nd revision draft of a NA contemporary fiction with a romantic subplot.

I'm currently sitting at 101k, I don't mind my novel being this long, but I'd like to cut it down a bit if there are scenes that can be removed.

I'm looking at big picture feedback on story, character, etc. General thoughts and feedback as you read along would be great insight for me!

My story centers around a 23 year-old professional equestrian, Alejandro, who suffers an injury that takes him out of riding--maybe for good. When his boyfriend leaks the news of the severity of his injury, he's left with no job prospects and a doomed future. Alejandro is forced to take a job at a small town barn in Ohio, where he has to figure out how to beat the odds and make it back to the competitive world before they forget him completely.

I'm looking for a long term CP who while be able to swap notes about once a week, if not a little faster than that.  My current timeline is to have 2nd revisions done by end of June, so something around 20k swapped each week.

It also has an LBGTQ romantic subplot, if you hadn't noticed. :)

I prefer to do revision swaps through Word, just FYI. But I've done Google docs before and I'm not completely opposed to that either.

Feel free to email me at cazio....@gmail.com - to discuss swapping our first 10k!