CP for Queer Urban Fantasy novel

Sheik Nao

Jun 18, 2024, 1:46:55 PMJun 18
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hello!

New to having a CP, but been practicing critiquing for a bit, so still learning. But was hoping to find someone interested in working together on projects long-term. This novel is a wip and about 120k words at 2/3 of the way done, as a couple chapters ended up very long. The rest should be much more stable in word counts.

Description: Marcos moves from his home on Celora to the capital city of Ecrin with his sister at 16. Where they will train to be Ordinators, soldiers of the Church, following in the footsteps of their grandfather, who helped build this city.

That's all well and good. Marcos has a big heart. He wants to help people. He wants to make his family proud. Except, maybe everything he's been taught about magic being sacrilege is suddenly confusing when illegal magic items are smuggled into the city and on top of that there's a whole bunch of missing kids the government isn't looking for.

And because he can't catch a break, he meets a 14-year old runaway who's brilliantly talented at making his life harder.

This novel has duel narrators, and is my first successful long project, so I don't plan to query it. I've just wanted to write this for a long time, so hope to make it as good as possible.

As a CP, I'm happy to give my thoughts on whatever. Characters, plots, settings. If they're fun to read, if they make sense. I can try and catch typos and grammar things, if you like. Though, I do write and read both British and American English, so they get jumbled. And I write with both in my work, so I'm not concerned about someone catching grammar mistakes. I was also hoping for someone we could have fun writing and talking about works and stuff.

Thank you for reading! Best of luck everyone.
-Percy