Seeking Beta Reader/ CP for Adult Science Fiction novel (94k words)

Adriana Tihan

Jan 2, 2022, 1:09:42 PM1/2/22
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi,

I have been editing my Adult Sci-Fi novel for a while, and am looking for a fresh pair of eyes.

My WIP is set in the near future, in a world where two empires fight for supremacy and the last country standing between them has just been torn in two by a violent revolution. The two protagonists, Ava and Viktor, had similar lives up until the night of the revolution, which sends them on drastically different paths that bring both to the Centre: an institution created by one of the empires, which takes young people from all kinds of backgrounds and trains them into battle strategy. Out of the thirty students, one gets to supervise real battles, have a say in the real war; that if they can rank first in the Centre's games, which use unknown technology and whose real purpose remains a mystery.

I am open to swapping critiques in any genre and age group. My favourite books of last year have been Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, The Stranger by Albert Camus and If We Were Villains by ML Rio.

If this all sounds interesting, shoot me a reply/email :)

Mark Raines

Jun 23, 2022, 10:21:05 AM6/23/22
to Critique Partner Matchup
You may have already found this, but your novel sounds interesting and I'm interested in giving you feedback.  I'm looking for fresh eyes on a sequel that is also meant to work as a stand-alone in my adult space opera series.  It clocks in at 112,000 words.  I'm publishing the first novel August 19 and I'm looking to get the second out next spring.

Thanks,

Mark