Seeking CP/Accountability Partner for a witchy contemporary fantasy

Jenn Lessmann

Apr 7, 2024, 2:59:33 PMApr 7
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi all,
I'm working on the sequel to my debut novel, Unmagical, which I self-pubbed in Oct. It's a cozy-adjacent YA/NA crossover (MC is 21) with no spice/minimal romance. Practical Magic meets Veronica Mars.

Book 1 takes place in a secret enchanted town of witches in rural VA. In Book 2, the MC goes back to college in Chicago, so I'm exploring the small-town qualities of the city's neighborhoods. This one is a little darker, so more Veronica Mars meets The Craft (but still solidly PG-13).

I'm looking for someone to exchange a chapter or two a week, mostly for fresh eyes and accountability. Currently 50k into probably 90k-ish. I have the rest plotted, but I'm second-guessing everything, and it's killing my flow. I can give you the ebook for Unmagical if you feel like you need it after reading a few chapters of the new one.

Blurb:

MAGIC IS GOING MAINSTREAM.

BUT NOT TODAY.

When Cate Corey returns to college after spending Spring Break in her enchanted hometown, she's tasked with tracking down a wayward witch.

Finding the girl is easy.

The real trick will be stopping her from revealing their secrets to the world.

With the safety of everyone at home on the line, and witch hunters on her trail, Cate must choose between endangering her community and betraying a friend.

Lalo MacKenzie

Jun 1, 2024, 10:30:39 PMJun 1
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi! My name is Lalo and I'm hoping we could be a good fit from critique partners. I'm highly motivated to publish my YA fantasy with elements of romance. It centers on the fae, souls, and a dose of teenage melancholy. Let me know what ya think