CPs for YA fantasy novel

Heidi Hanson

Apr 18, 2022, 1:31:26 PM4/18/22
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hey all! I'm looking for a CP/beta for a project I'm working on currently. It's a YA fantasy at about 90k right now. Here's a pitch for the story :)

It's been ten years since the island country of Tambuti was invaded by creatures previously though to be mere myth. Since then, relative peace has reined, the creatures being contained within the capital. The creatures have begun to venture past it's walls for mysterious reasons, though. The village of our main characters, four friends by the names of Ike, Jaki, Dev, and Kibo, has been attacked by these creatures, chasing these main characters out of their home.

I'm mainly keeping an eye out for issues involving plot and flow of the novel. There is a romance in the novel that I"m a bit concerned (slow burn friends to lovers) so I'd love thoughts on that. Pretty much any thoughts you have would be appreciated though. Lmk if you want to exchange the first fifty or so pages to feel things out.

Corey Jones

Jun 16, 2022, 3:11:49 AM6/16/22
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi there!

I just recently finished my second(ish) draft of my story and would really appreciate a critique partner. I will critique your work while you critique mine. I would prefer we do a few chapters a week so we can give in depth feedback while also allowing time to make edits/revision.

Synopsis:

Renissa Cartiano is fighting for her homeland, for her people, and the family she lost. Her trial with the committee of Central, the intergovernmental agency in control of international relations among the most populated isles, is an in depth look at her own history and that of her islands blatant disregard for human life. Renissa must convince these bureaucrats to take action before her people fall to ruin. Renissa believes that her only hope for her people, and her family, is intervention from this hegemon.

Myka Cartiano is stranded on Sindell, recovering from the loss of those he held dear. His life, once comfortable and easy, has become a nonstop struggle after an attack on his family by the Managerium, the group that controls the Beasts that make modern life possible. Alone and afraid, how will he survive the island that killed his family?

Currently finished at 50k words, I am looking for a partner that will critique:

  • word building

  • narration/dramatization in scenes

  • pacing

  • character development