CPs for MG boarding school fantasy

Ciel Lee

May 7, 2022, 4:49:32 PM5/7/22
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi everyone! I'm hoping to find a few beta readers/ CPs for my 72k MG fantasy.

A thirteen-year-old girl awakens her latent superpowers and gets whisked away to an elusive boarding school in the English countryside, but when students start to go missing and she gets the blame, she must find the real reason behind the vanishings to clear her name.

After shelving it for a while I'm now working on my ninth draft. I'm really stuck with the plot, and I need another pair of eyes to help me figure it out. I'd also like to get it below 70k.

It's Murder Most Unladylike x Amari and the Night Brothers x Alex Rider. If you like boarding schools, superpowers, team dynamics, mysteries, high-stakes missions, Quidditch-like sports games and fight scenes, I hope you'll consider this :)

I'm interested in SFF of any age range, and MG historical. I usually read YA and MG fantasy. The last book I loved was Her Majesty's Royal Coven by Juno Dawson, and some other reads I enjoyed were Skandar and the Unicorn Thief by A. F. Steadman, Twin Crowns by Katherine Webber and Catherine Doyle, and Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo.

I'm based in the UK also, if that makes a difference.

Drop me a message if interested. Thanks!