Looking for CPs for Adult Fantasy

Bill McCane

May 10, 2021, 8:48:02 AM5/10/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hello all,

Looking for a critique partner for an Adult Fantasy which at times seeps into SFF and Steam Punk. I do not have an agent, and I'm still in the drafting process. Hopefully by the end of the year I can start the querying process. I'm looking for someone to help me hash out plot, character arcs, world building, and pacing.

Here's a quick blurb:
Fae, absent for centuries, begin to push past the boundaries of the stories they had vanished into.
Every time Myam dies she awakens resurrected in an ancient abandoned temple. Bound to an immensely powerful Fae she must navigate this world and ones beyond with only  patchwork memories of her lives before. Oh, and the Church is at the front of a long line of groups that want to wield her as a weapon or destroy her.

I'm currently reading The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow. I just finished This is How You Lose the Time war and the Broken Earth trilogy. The book that epitomizes me as a reader is Harrow the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir.

If any of this sounds remotely interesting to you, email me at mccan...@gmail.com or respond here.

Libby

May 14, 2021, 9:11:37 AM5/14/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi!

I am currently working on a New Adult Urban fantasy (drafting). About a female Pirate who slowly corrupts a prince into joining her. And there's magic and sword fights and all that fun stuff. I would love to take a look a some of your stuff. Let me know if you're interested. Best, Libby.

Carolyn Storer

Jan 16, 2022, 4:29:22 AMJan 16
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi,

I'm writing my first adult urban fantasy and I'm looking for CP who would be ok swapping a chapter at a time. If interested then please feel free to drop me an email :)

Carolyn

The Crow Chronicles

Jan 23, 2022, 8:57:00 PMJan 23
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hello!
I enjoy reading adult fantasy novels, and elements of steam punk sound interesting. I would be more than happy to be your critique partner.
Would you be interested in critiquing a middle grade fantasy?
Here’s the blurb!

No normal kid has ever tried paranormal ice cream. Nor have they visited a supernatural zoo, experienced mystical holidays, or toured a mesmerizing factory. However, this story isn't about normal children.

When mysterious men in white suits arrive at the doorsteps of Olivia Lee, David Gonzales, Vanessa Irvine, and Eric Andrews, they don't suspect a thing. However, when they are taken to a different planet, they begin to wonder: was anything they thought they knew about their lives true at all? Once they arrive on Magia, the four not only learn that they were born there, it's also a planet of magic. Before their questions could overcome them, the four meet Mr. Hale, who generously takes the children into his custody and forms a close bond with them. While on Magia, the four visit many sensational sights, and the planet seems like a paradise. However, no place is perfect. Magia has a deep dark secret. A secret that slowly shines through, no matter how wonderful the planet seems. A secret that could threaten all bliss in the realm. A secret that enigmatically revolves around the four...