Seeking Beta Readers for Witchy YA Fantasy

A Dose of Cath

Apr 8, 2021, 10:07:07 AM4/8/21
to Critique Partner Matchup

Hi! I'm looking for a few beta readers for my YA fantasy. It's 111k words, so I'd understand if you need a bit of time to finish. I'm willing to swap as well.

Here's the blurb (I haven't worked out a short one yet):

Shirina can command iron in blood, a deadly power which can bleed a person from every orifice, marking her and her coven sisters as the most hunted witches in the kingdom. The punishment: burn at the stake.

She hopes to live a quiet life as an apprentice healer with her mother and her coven sisters. But all that changes when Prince Finley, the most ruthless witch hunter in the kingdom, barrels into her town and demands to marry her. With a threat to turn her town upside down to search for witches if she refuses, Shirina agrees to walk into the lion's den. Once wedded, she has to navigate palace politics while hiding her power from everyone. As the future queen, she thinks she can sway the kingdom into tolerating witches.

As Prince Finley goes on his regular hunting trips, bringing back ashes from burned witches for the nobles to bath in celebration, Shirina realizes that ruling alongside Finley won't give her enough power. When she finds out about a mythical kingdom that vows to seek revenge on her own kingdom, Shirina has to decide: rule the kingdom as a queen hoping she won't be another pawn in their game, or flee to search for a mythical one and start a war.

Please message me if you're interested. My email is catherin...@gmail.com. Thank you!

Cath